Vane Brothers Pay

Just got an offer from vane bros, new boats to be finished building later in the year. Does anyone know what they pay assistant engineers, and if they pay travel?

Vane is adding assistants ??? You got an offer but not the particulars of pay and travel ? I heard Bouchard has raised pay for engineers to 520-assist and 650-Chief.

yes once the new boats come out

[QUOTE=BargeMonkey;164487] I heard Bouchard has raised pay for engineers to 520-assist and 650-Chief.[/QUOTE]

Thats great money…

[QUOTE=tcxgf;164488]yes once the new boats come out[/QUOTE]

yeah but where are they sending the boat that its going to require an assistant, thats the question i would be asking first. Moran has a few boats with them, Reinauer has a couple, Bouchard has them on all the boats, maybe Vane is doing it to prepare future chiefs instead of hiring guys for chief out of the gate.

I wouldn’t trust vane saying they will have an opening until it actually happens. I’ve heard that story many times.

[QUOTE=z-drive;164492]I wouldn’t trust vane saying they will have an opening until it actually happens. I’ve heard that story many times.[/QUOTE] Still see quite a pile of tugs and barges always sitting in the Gowanus.

And in the schuykill

How is the pay for AB’s with Vane.

Yeah how is the ab pay at vane and Kirby

How is the vane ab pay and do they only offer 2and2

There’s a tankerman over there who does a blog & does 28/14

Nice tugted I’ll have to check it out any idea what the link is?

What’s the blog link

Are they hiring deckhands since they have new boats coming in ?

Are you from tangier or the eastern shore??

Yea sure I guess

That’s practically the only way to get an “in” at Vane Bros these days.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;168333]That’s practically the only way to get an “in” at Vane Bros these days.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say thats ?