Sea Shepherd Peter Brown Is A Moron - Official Thread

This thread is dedicated to the most incompetent mariner I have ever had the pleasure of observing… [I]Whale Wars[/I] star & Sea Shepherd Chief Mate [B][I]Peter Brown[/I][/B].

[B]Bio:
[/B]

Brown first met Sea Shepherd in 1982 in Japan when he was on assignment for NBC to produce a segment about the Iki Island dolphin slaughter. That experience and his friendship with Watson inspired him to use his professional media skills to further the conservation of marine wildlife.

For the past 26 years, Peter Brown has crewed on numerous campaigns,[B] not only as a cinematographer but as a deckhand, quartermaster, zodiac driver, officer and [I][U]even captain[/U][/I] in Watson’s absence[/B]. Peter Brown has also served on the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society board of directors for eight years, was secretary treasurer for four years and ultimately served on the board of advisors.

Professionally, Brown c[B][I]ontinues to work in the television and film business[/I][/B]. He produced NBC’s number one-rated show, Real People, for four years; was one of the original producers of [B][I]Entertainment Tonight[/I][/B]; produced an award-winning children’s program Pops; contributed to the startup of the Disney Channel and the Playboy Channel; and produced original programming for Outdoor Life Network and numerous other adventure/wildlife programs worldwide. (Source: Animal Planet)

[B]Quotes[/B]:
Add your favorites below!!

PB Quote: “We shouldn’t be wacking one of the biggest species on the planet, I mean their brain is bigger than a car.”

Love it!

//youtu.be/GUSjYhUGbnA

contributed to the startup of the Disney Channel and the Playboy Channel

Wow…Thats two different sides of the spectrum

I have to concur, Peter Brown has got to be one of the most incompetant Mates I have ever witnessed. His is only surpassed in his incompetance by the Captain he serves with. It is frightining to see the trusting and dedicated crew put their lives in the hands of dangerous people like this.
I have been a professional mariner for over 35 years, I have passed more lighthouses then they have telephone poles, and I understand why they prefer dedication to competance in their crew. This way, they cannot be challenged in every stupid decision they make, or questionable and unsafe practice, they have their crew participate in.
The second mate is the only deck officer onboard who might stand a chance of surviving in the real world of seamanship and navigation.

Their seamanship is an embarassment to the art. Do what it is you do for the whales, but follow the traditions of the sea. Even real Pirates found honor in following the rules of the road and good seamanship.

I think Peter Brown is the single best character on the show. He does not incite me to long diatribes on professionalism. Clearly, all he knows about sailing was garnered from book jacket blurbs and [I]Love Boat [/I]reruns. The show would be pretty boring without him. We are a super-minority amongst viewers of this show. It’s comedy for me!

Peter Brown is the Chief Conductor on a slow-motion train wreck. It’s like car crash deaths. You try not to look, but you just can’t help it.

YES, HE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT HE, DOESN’T KNOW. TOTAL JACKASS WITH NO CLUE. I HAVE SAILED WITH PROTOTYPES OF HIM.:eek:

Do you think he’ll visit gcaptain ever?..naw

I found a thread on Discovery Channel’s web site that sort of compares/contrasts WW with Deadliest Catch . . . how can they even compare?

On Deadliest Catch there are captains and crews that, while pushing the limits of safety, understand what they are doing and take calculated risks in performing their hazardous but necessary job. My bride’s comment is “You’ll flip burgers before you get on a plane to work there!” The boats and crews fishing in Alaska are professionals; they are engaged in a the most hazardous segment of our merchant fleet and, considering the size of the vessels and the water they work, do an admirable job of getting out and back.

On the [I]other hand[/I], we have the floating circus that is the m/v Steve Irwin. While their objective is noble (I can’t for the life of me understand the need to continue to harvest great whales), the way they go about it is insane! I think I have watched three episodes and wound up screaming at the tube in frustration each time. Watching them try and launch and recover small boats reminds me of the first time we launched a life boat at the Academy; monkeys, football (?). The difference was that by the end of the summer we could launch and recover the boat, row proficiently, and actually learned something! Where is the learning process on the Irwin? Oh yeah, an all soy diet must do something to the brain. I have a perverse dream that I should sign up for a cruise and show up with bags of venison jerky and my fly tying kit full of the falls feathered treasures. Fun.

I am really curious that boat can pass any port state control inspection much less how the “certificates of competency” of their officers have not been pulled. So many questions, so little time. The sad thing is that they have a lot of young volunteers who have placed their trust in the captain and his “officers”. Something very bad will happen and the end result will be that a noble idea (the cessation of commercial whaling) will fail because the execution of their plan is crap. If aboriginal whaling continues, so what; they take a few animals every year and it continues the historical link they have with the sea and their culture but perhaps the money spent on operating the Irwin could be better spent by continued pressure on the Japanese government and public awareness.

Sadly, there are still many people who don’t understand that whaling is an ongoing enterprise in the Southern Ocean and by a massive public awareness campaign targeting the “oblivious” of the world, maybe more could be accomplished. I’m getting off topic here, but just thinking about those idiots down there trying to stop the whaling fleet by half a**ed amateurs really ticks me off.

Nothing is more dangerous than people who think they know what they are doing!

Ok I have to say the show has lost some of its comic releif since brown left. But I have to say the capt dosen’t look good and I think they might loose this year

But I have heard little on this show in two weeks I was looking right after the show to hear the comic releif

well have a laugh by the way its on tomorrow

kzoo pilot,

Thanks for your intelligent summation of all the things that are sad about the continued harvesting of great whales, the joke that is the M/V Steve Irwin, and the frustration of watching the ignorant, albeit committed, crew placing their lives in the hands of ego-maniacal morons.

I absolutely hate that watching this show makes me cheer for the Japanese whaling fleet.

It’s obvious the editors of the show don’t have warm and fuzzy thoughts for Watson. They gleefully portray him, at every opportunity, as a drooling mouth-breather, staring blankly into space.

Unless they’re not afforded any other type of shot…

[QUOTE=Capt_Anonymous;16083]It’s obvious the editors of the show don’t have warm and fuzzy thoughts for Watson. They gleefully portray him, at every opportunity, as a drooling mouth-breather, staring blankly into space.

Unless they’re not afforded any other type of shot…[/QUOTE]

I can’t get out of my mind Watson’s reaction when the RIB flipped over (I think it was last season). Pure dumbstruck fear and wondering of what to do was written all over his slack jawed face.

I wrote to Peter Fraser, editor of [I]National Fisherman[/I] after searching the sites archives and found nothing about that vessel or crew.

Mr. Fraser is out until the 30th. I will post anything, he permits, regarding.

[quote=Capt_Anonymous;16083]It’s obvious the editors of the show don’t have warm and fuzzy thoughts for Watson. They gleefully portray him, at every opportunity, as a drooling mouth-breather, staring blankly into space.

Unless they’re not afforded any other type of shot…[/quote]

actually RIVR media the producers of the show and AP both support Watson and twist and lie during the series and use clever editting to make the Japanese look liek the aggressors
The narrator even stated many times that Butryic acid is “non-toxic” which s a lie. it is very toxic

Yah, dat was a good one. Guess he never heard of the Williamson Turn, eh? Pretty bad when your so called “coms officer” has to save the day with unconventional and unheard of method for recovery of men overboard. And then they ran him off after the first trip. If Mr. Brown was on my boat he would probably had a severe “accidental” fall down a flight of stairs. Or we would have probably fit him for a steamboat ratchet necklace and float tested him.

[quote=john;14167]Love it!

//youtu.be/GUSjYhUGbnA
[/quote]

What none of the tree hugging, dope smoking, dreadlocked hippies realize is that an unlawful order does not have to be followed. In my case an unlawfull order is usually followed by, “Kiss my a…, Sir”.

[quote=cmjeff;14164]This thread is dedicated to the most incompetent mariner I have ever had the pleasure of observing… [I]Whale Wars[/I] star & Sea Shepherd Chief Mate [B][I]Peter Brown[/I][/B].

[B]Photo[/B]

[B]Bio:[/B]

Brown first met Sea Shepherd in 1982 in Japan when he was on assignment for NBC to produce a segment about the Iki Island dolphin slaughter. That experience and his friendship with Watson inspired him to use his professional media skills to further the conservation of marine wildlife.

For the past 26 years, Peter Brown has crewed on numerous campaigns,[B] not only as a cinematographer but as a deckhand, quartermaster, zodiac driver, officer and [I][U]even captain[/U][/I] in Watson’s absence[/B]. Peter Brown has also served on the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society board of directors for eight years, was secretary treasurer for four years and ultimately served on the board of advisors.

Professionally, Brown c[B][I]ontinues to work in the television and film business[/I][/B]. He produced NBC’s number one-rated show, Real People, for four years; was one of the original producers of [B][I]Entertainment Tonight[/I][/B]; produced an award-winning children’s program Pops; contributed to the startup of the Disney Channel and the Playboy Channel; and produced original programming for Outdoor Life Network and numerous other adventure/wildlife programs worldwide. (Source: Animal Planet)

[B]Quotes[/B]:
Add your favorites below!![/quote]

Is it just me or is there something about this guy that makes you just want to punch him in the face?

Isnt he canadian?