Do the officers on "Whale Wars" have licenses

Does anyone know if the officers and captain of the [I]Steve Irwin[/I] from the show Whale Wars have licenses? If so, from which country?

Ha, that’s a good one!:smiley:

Ya no kidding…I think we had a thread on here from last years bloopers of the show and it seems like the skipper had one, or had had one at one time…

Is it because the ship isn’t for hire or used privately, that they can get around that?

From Equasis:

IMO number : 7340370
Name of ship : STEVE IRWIN
Call Sign : GUMF
Gross tonnage : 1017
Type of ship : Fishing Support Vessel
Year of build : 1975
Flag : Netherlands
Status of ship : In Service
Last update : 2007-12-17

Following information is available :

MANAGEMENT
Company number Role Name of company Address Details

5267468 Ship manager SEA SHEPHERD UK London United Kingdom
5267468 Registered owner SEA SHEPHERD UK London United Kingdom

CLASSIFICATION STATUS

Classification society Date of status Status Reason
Lloyd’s Register 2007-07-25 Withdrawn by society for other reasons

Yes. They’ve got a license to navigate the un-shaven nether regions between their watch-mate’s legs.

The New Yorker had an article,Neptune’s Navy - from there this quote:

Watson gave himself the title of captain, though he does not have a captain’s license. “He loves to dress up in uniform, as ‘Captain Paul Watson,’ and suddenly there’s enough gold braid on his shoulders to skipper the Queen Mary,”

I think the whole crew should just go live with the whales.

Seems like that’s only a matter of time. What did that Doctor post on the Whale Wars thread? Something about Watson’s heart about to give out on him. Last season he avoided the ice flows and this season he heads right into them. I’d bet my house he “martyrs” himself, the boat and her crew before that faulty ticker of his gives out. Why else would he just recently open his ship up to cameras and have his C/M say AT EVERY MEETING that they all need to be prepared to die for these whales.

This guy is malignant narcissist with a death wish, all should stay clear.

Sorry I temporarily forgot I was posting this to gCaptain not the New Yorker :wink:

Here’s the definition from wikipedia:

Malignant Narcissism

A syndrome characterized by a narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), antisocial features, paranoid traits, and ego-syntonic aggression. An absence of conscience, a psychological need for power, and a sense of importance (grandiosity) are often symptomatic of Malignant Narcissism. Pollock wrote: “The malignant narcissist is presented as pathologically grandiose, lacking in conscience and behavioral regulation with characteristic demonstrations of joyful cruelty and sadism.”<sup class=“reference” id=“cite_ref-0”></sup>

See Jeff there is some intelligence behind that crude exterior. Now if you just put the smart comments before the references to dread-locked “nether regions” you might actually find that woman of your dreams.

F you John AND your 10 character limit! :smiley:

I love the photo from the New Yorker article:

Do you all think it proves Jeff’s point?

My little sister has that exact same ribbon , that skipper Paul is wearing…I guess he must have been in 4-H too…:smiley:

When I talked to this nimrod last year he had the audacity to claim to be in law enforcement. When he pulled out his “badge”, I don’t think he expected the guffaw that I let loose.
I told him I had a shiny badge just like it when I was in 6th grade.

He just became a Knight in Portugal, the Presidente gave a special ball…

Hell…all he needs is the hat to become Captain Crunch!

Crunch is of course a better master…

Looks a bit like Captain Kangaroo to me.

Hey that’s disparaging the good Captain…

I grew up with Captain Kangaroo every morning on CBS and JP Patches on KIRO in Seattle…you trash Captain Kangaroo again and I’ll have to ask you to step outside!

The only professional in that sorry clown college of “[I]officers[/I]” appears to be the Chief Engineer.

Texino
I implore you to apologize to Captain kangaroo, otherwise along with C Captain you will ALSO have to deal with Mr Moose, and myself, Redeem yourself :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: