Harvey Gulf gives latest raise

Well as of last paycheck Harvey gave $50 a day across the board to their supply boat officers, and a big F YOU to their tug crews.

Gotta love it

What are they paying C/E’s on OSV’s?

Not enough!

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;86319]Not enough![/QUOTE]

Is it ever enough?

There may be a point when it is enough. Regardless, it is long overdue. I remember a time when the rig hands would come down to offload and brag about raises and bonuses. Whether you are on a tug, osv, crewboat, or drillship. The office folks would not have a job to complain about if we were not here running the boats. I say keep giving raises, and keep begging for people. You certainly will not get the courtesy of a 2 week notice when they cut your pay, layoff or furlough or whatever they want to call it.

What does that bring officer pay up to at Harvey?

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;86301]What are they paying C/E’s on OSV’s?[/QUOTE]

My AB talked to an engineer that was making crew change on one of the Beemar boats and said they were making $850, so with this bump puts them at $900.

Of course this is all 2nd hand word of mouth.

Actually, you are a 100 bucks to generous. Beemar masters/CE’s took a cut in they buy out.

So your saying they are around $800 then?

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;86320]Is it ever enough?[/QUOTE]

NO it is never enough the more you make the more you spend therefore you need more then more toys then more money one big circle.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;86381]So your saying they are around $800 then?[/QUOTE]

$800 is top of the food chain on their new large OSV’s, even less on the 3000 ITC’s

Ok cool. Thanks for helping to get it straight.

[QUOTE=wheel wash;86394]$800 is top of the food chain on their new large OSV’s, even less on the 3000 ITC’s[/QUOTE]

The reason I left the boats…

[QUOTE=anchorman;86399]The reason I left the boats…[/QUOTE]

Thats less than what you can get as a SrDPO for spot work for CMAR. No wonder all you OSV guys want to go drilling.

Told you it wasn’t enough!

Almost double what I’m making now.

Well, you could have trimmed your hair and taken the job at HOS. You’d be about that pay and have had free DP training…

Now that’s funny!

You could have sold out to a drilling contractor and doubled it again.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;86480]You could have sold out to a drilling contractor and doubled it again.[/QUOTE]

But he wouldn’t be a real captain cause drilling captains don’t know how to handle a boat.