Harvey Gulf gives latest raise

Are you trying to light me up this morning? You are talking to one that can indeed handle a vessel.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;86483]Are you trying to light me up this morning? You are talking to one that can indeed handle a vessel.[/QUOTE]

It’s been so long since you handled a boat, I’d have to throw a cougar in the bridge, tape some cocaine under the galley table, and call the boys in blue.

[QUOTE=rjbpilot;86458]Well, you could have trimmed your hair and taken the job at HOS. You’d be about that pay and have had free DP training…[/QUOTE]

Not according to who ever I was talking too. He said no money till I got my 1600 ton. I know now that either the guy was an idiot or lying. Either way I took it as a sign that that was not a place to be.

I might have come off whining about making less, but it was said more as to keep people from forgetting that there are companies out there paying less.

I’m just bidding my time, going to take DP advanced around February, and wait for all the new builds to start hitting and see which company I feel like I would be a good fit.

Sorry Capt. Lee no DP license and plus I’m not ready to sit in the same spot for months on end. I still like driving a boat around.

Dude you either have it or you don’t. I will never forget how to handle a boat.

Jemplayer, I also enjoyed what I was doing on the boats. No doubt about it, much more fun than my current occupation. On a rig it is a different sense of accomplishment that can be equally satisfying. Initially I came for the pay, training and benefits. The daily challenges are starting to provide a lot of satisfaction. I can see light at the end of the tunnel here.

I know you did. Ill never knock you guys who left. The money and benefits are hard to turn down. Who knows in 10 years I will probably be doing the same thing.

Glad to hear that you are finding the satisfaction. I’m not one of those people who can just show up and punch a clock and I feel that’s what I would be doing going and being a DPO for several years while getting the time in to get my 3rd.

[QUOTE=anchorman;86485]It’s been so long since you handled a boat, I’d have to throw a cougar in the bridge, tape some cocaine under the galley table, and call the boys in blue.[/QUOTE]

That would be a 60 year old two legged cougar?

When they get that old it is a Sabertooth…