Pay scale

So if anyone doesn’t mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let’s hear it.

[QUOTE=CaptHH;54964]So if anyone doesn’t mine sharing with the group. What is the pay scale with the different OSV companies in the gulf paying captains. Trying to get the latest scoop. Raises anyone? Some of has not seen a raise in half a decade. Let’s hear it.[/QUOTE]

You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

You must be working straight time and can’t get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

Let us know how this works out.

Wasn’t looking for someone to feel sorry for. I was Asking an honest question not asking about your personal life. Your comment to this thread says it all.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;54975]You should go in and demand a raise. That would make a several hundred out of work captains happy to at least have a crack at one job opening.

You must be working straight time and can’t get news for the last year or so, or your company provides a spectacular prescription drugs benifits that you utilize to the fullest extent with reality altering medications.

Let us know how this works out.[/QUOTE]

moronic response

Chouest was 535-570/day for OSV Captains last I heard. No raises since at least 2008.

Heard that gol was at 735-750 and Otto candies was close to that. I was trying to get some clarity on this besides rumor.

simple phone call to the companies and ask what are you paying captains and are you hiring hear it right from them. that way you won’t have to say you heard that from someone.

I knew GOL was up there (pay wise) and Otto Candies has always been known to pay high, but depends what you are looking for. Unless things change, Otto Candies benefits package is not the best, and on a straight supply boats, they run without a cook. On a 220’ they had a 6 man crew (that was a while back, not sure how it is now). One guy on bridge, one guy in engine room and one guy on deck. Compared to an ECO vessel, with about 8 to 12 on a vessel that size.

Not sure what type of benefits package GOL has.

Goes back to that ol’ question, what is more important;

high pay, sub par equipment, under crewed, sub par benefits or

average pay, good equipment, crewed adequate, and decent benefits.

Now I am sure there are companies out there that have the complete package. And it is not to say that a company that pays high has sub par equipment. I believe Otto Candies has good equipment, from what I know and have heard.

It is just, what is more important?

That’s not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don’t give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.

[QUOTE=Tuglife77;55001]That’s not true about GOL more like 325- 375 atleast as of a year or so ago why my dad left and they don’t give the raises they tell ya you gonna get either.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Gulf Offshore Logistics? They pay pretty decent, nothing close to what you posted unless you talking AB pay.

$325-$375 is 100 ton pay from my sources at GOL.

The rumor around the people I know is that GOL pays around $675 a day for 1600 ton Captains.

Anyone recall what the thread was that had the graph of DP wages and job levels/descriptions? I would imagine that would be a help if it was available for this sector too. Anyone got such a graph for OSV’s. I am curious about the difference in pay levels too.

It is hard to compare, when all costs aren’t put out there. Like: Insurance, 401K contribution, travel, grub. Nothing like transparency.

I just talked with a new hire engineer(3rd man) working for GOL. They started him at $550/day working on their DP2 vessels.

OC Capts are around 550 - 600, benefits arent great but the new boats are very nice and well manned

Man every fuckin thread i tell ya. always gotta be a smart ass chimin in.

when i went from offshore to inland in 07

100 ton master around $300/day

1600 ton mate 375-475/day

1600 ton master 5-600/day

the gulf is bust right now except for construction and decoms last i heard. could be wrong but i aint seeing a lot of supply boats around the Passes down here.

DP is the big bucks depending on what DP license you have and what you are on and how much experience you have along with whether you have limited or unlimited tonnage license.

3rd Mate DP usually around 700 or so a day

Unlimited Master DP 1200/day and up

Limited tonnage DP on DP supply boats 6-850/day from what i have heard and seen in print.

good luck getting a DP trainee position. Not what you know but who you know to get started in that or anything for that matter.

good luck.

go inland until gulf is in boom again is my suggestion.

I quit a 300/day utility boat job for $600/day inland towboat job.

only catch is you have to know how to drive a towboat.

That reminds me of an old song: 'If it weren’t for bad luck, '… Well you know the rest!!!

GOL was paying pretty well a couple years back. I made $310/day as an AB in 2009. They keep building 1600ton boats also, and I have seen some older ones they’ve bought from others. GLO, Gulf Logistics Operating only has 100 ton vessels. Captain pay is average $300/day. A little bit more depending on the vessel, time with company, etc. Both have basically the same benefit packages. I’ve worked for both companies. As with most companies in the Gulf, they both have some nice brand new boats, and a handful of older boats which are what they are…still run fine, but not as many amenities as the newer ones.Biggest difference as far as I could tell, GOL has both 1600, and 100 ton vessels, where GLO has only 100 ton. Either way, you’re on a red boat!