Deepwater Horizon - Transocean Oil Rig Fire 2

Went out to dinner and had a terrific red snapper,with crabmeat,The waiter, was telling me how everyone is asking "where did the fish come from?,

cynthia, i m heading for bed,I have a 7a - 7p shift nitey nite sweet dreams,talk at ya tom nite

[QUOTE=New Orleans Lady;38877]test is this working[/QUOTE]

test test test test test test test test test test test test

The cap was wobbling big time today. Is Thad Allen trying to pull the wool over our eyes? This from the press briefing 7/2:

[I]Operator: Your next question comes from the line of Richard Harris with National Public Radio. [/I]

[I]Richard Harris: Good morning, I have two quick questions, one of which is BP had been planning to install a sub-sea dispersant dispenser essentially, by about now, I wonder if that’s in place and also about the Q4000, it seems to have reduced its oil collection capacity to about 8,000 barrels a day and I wondered if there’s a reason for that? Thanks.[/I]

[I]Adm. Thad Allen: First of all BP has constructed and has proposed an is being reviewed right now, an autonomous sub-sea dispersant delivery system that could be used in event that the site was abandoned for hurricane and there was no way to mitigate the flow of hydrocarbons out of the well bore. There’s been no approval or any decision made on that, it’s merely been presented as an option and we are reviewing that inside the administration right now. [/I]
[I]Could you restate your second question please?[/I]

[I]Richard Harris: Yes, I was curious about the Q4000, which seems to have reduced the amount of oil it’s collecting from last week or so to about 8,000 barrels a day from 10,000. I wonder if that’s – obviously not a big deal, but I was sort of curious about why that had happened. [/I]

[I]Adm. Thad Allen: We’ll will go back and I’ll give you a statement on a later – my guess is it’s probably due to environment conditions that are out there you know while they’re hooked up and they’re working, there has been some wobble down on the well bore itself as the sea state is moved around you know that stub of pipe is not fixed it’s kind of at an angle, it can move a little bit and we can’t – you know it is – the actual hydrocarbons coming up change in their makeup from time to time as far as amount of gas, oil and water that are collected in that. [/I]
[I]And it’s not unusual to have that fluctuate. What you really need to do is kind of level that out over a number of days and kind of average it to get the exact time because it will vary on a 24-hour basis. [/I]

Where did everybody go?

[QUOTE=Walton;38978]Where did everybody go?[/QUOTE]

There’s still some problems with the forum… There for a while, I wasn’t even able to see new posts until Alf showed me a work around. I wonder how many people can’t even see new posts.

HELP!!!

[QUOTE=Alf;38988]They look like hydraulic pistons to dampen out the wobble on the flex joint, or to push/re-align the flex joint to a more vertical position?[/QUOTE] I can’t delete my post… :frowning:

[QUOTE=AyeCaptain;38981]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/01/eveningnews/main6638697.shtml[/QUOTE]

Lying bastards. Someone tell me again why we’re supposed to be thankful if these sons-a-bitches don’t go belly-up.

(P.S. Does anyone know if the Forum problems are being worked on? Going on 4 days now and it would be a shame for this group to become frustrated and disband.)

John, perhaps you should edit the last post in the old thread with a link to this one explaining what happened?

[QUOTE=alvis;38987]Any idea what the yellow devices are?

[ATTACH]1015[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]1016[/ATTACH] [/QUOTE]

I heard they were going to try to straighten the flex joint. They look like hydraulic rams to me, sort of like remote “bottle jacks” to align the flex joint.

On another note, if you look at this youtube video you will be as incensed as CM1… Lucky I was the only one in my office when I “cooked off” at what BP’s foolishness has done to our beloved southern shore… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ

Hi cup,hmm excuse me! testing

General Honere’…Please Help Us!!! You are the only one I Trust!!!.

Bump…

Testing testing testing… sorry for the non-useful post :slight_smile:

where ya at alcor? listening to some peter frampton…" do you feel …like i dooooo"

testing testing

I have also noticed the four yellow assemblies. They seem to be spaced to fit on every second nut, and each has a hydraulic jack. I agree the jacks do seem to be applying pressure to the upright part. On the other hand, that does also help apply pressure to the nut from two sides.I wonder if they may be devices for busting the nuts on the flange (at a later stage, after full kill), when they need to start cleaning up, retreiving parts and pieces, etc. They could bust a few nuts on one side, move around and do a few more, and then finally remove the last remaining, and begin the disassembly process.

edit: sorry for dup.

RetiredinNoLa,do we be cuzins, cher?

bbbbbb bbbbbbb nn n nnnnnnnn

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;39063]bbbbbb bbbbbbb nn n nnnnnnnn[/QUOTE]

cccccc cccccccc oo o oooooooooo

Just testing…nope, still hosed.