Bouchard bouchard bouchard

Just got a deckhand offer boys and girls…let me hear some gory details before I take this job. Rotation? Pay? Boat quality? Is it a career worthy company or just a stepping stone? How do they treat their guys? Spare nothing, and don’t get me wrong I’m excited for the offer but want to know some details. I know how you all love to talk shit.

The search function will tell you loads.

I was there decking in the mid 90’s, rumor has it that Morty has chilled out a bit but I can’t say for sure. I would say it’s a stepping stone. Most of the gear is nice but the people are disposable. When I was there it was 3 and 3 or 2 and 2. I left after a year and a half for a different NY oil company and have been there ever since.

[QUOTE=KrustySalt;139838]The search function will tell you loads.[/QUOTE]

To lazy, rather just hear guys vent right now. Not read shit that was posted weeks, months, years ago. Appreciate it though.

Another lazy deckhand. Be glad you’re working. Keep mouth shut and take suggestions and direction gracefully.

[QUOTE=Goirish44;139840]To lazy, rather just hear guys vent right now. Not read shit that was posted weeks, months, years ago. Appreciate it though.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were an SIU man? Isn’t’ Bouchard 333?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139842]Thought you were an SIU man? Isn’t’ Bouchard 333?[/QUOTE]

They aren’t anything. Morty basically told them to go pound sand and they just let them go.

eat shit. Talk to me when you come out on deck and get off the board dick licker.

I’m a union man, I’m just curios. Seeing what the masses had to say. Even tho Bouchard is not union I’m still I interested.

[QUOTE=Goirish44;139850]I’m a union man, I’m just curios. Seeing what the masses had to say. Even tho Bouchard is not union I’m still I interested.[/QUOTE]

any job is better than no job at all when you are out of cash in the bank…just don’t expect much and always be looking for a better option.

of course if it is as I have heard at Bouchard where Morty fires entire crews for no good reason then one might not be there so long in any event…

thanks, this is the kind of input I’m looking for.

A friend was offered a job at Bouchard and one at Tradewinds for slightly less pay. He took the one at Tradewinds. Maybe that says a little something.

I have never worked for Bouchard, but I know several people who have. There are a lot of former Bouchard employees working elsewhere. The way I hear it Bouchard has top equipment, and if not top pay for NY, then damn close to it. They pay something extra per day to cover travel; its enough. I have heard complaints about the benefits. Crew changes are irregular with people routinely required to work over for several extra weeks.The owner is eccentric and erratic. I’m told they have three kinds of fired: you are fired I’ll call you tomorrow; you are fired I’ll call you in a couple days; and you are really fired.

Everything I hear about Tradewinds is good, except the below average pay. Nice people. Personally, I’d prefer Tradewinds.

[QUOTE=Goirish44;139837]Just got a deckhand offer boys and girls…let me hear some gory details before I take this job. Rotation? Pay? Boat quality? Is it a career worthy company or just a stepping stone? How do they treat their guys? Spare nothing, and don’t get me wrong I’m excited for the offer but want to know some details. I know how you all love to talk shit.[/QUOTE]

So you were offered a job but don’t know the pay or work rotation? Sounds to me like you didn’t get a job offer.

BTW, don’t come on here talking smack, you’re a DECKHAND! You get paid from the neck to the deck, not to think or talk.

What an idiot!

Yeaa… He won’t last long. Good luck though, no union rep to run and cry to when you get yelled at/fired/work more than 8 hours.

1 Like

:cool: Hahahahaah what a bunch of goons.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=tugsailor;139857]I have never worked for Bouchard, but I know several people who have. There are a lot of former Bouchard employees working elsewhere. The way I hear it Bouchard has top equipment, and if not top pay for NY, then damn close to it. They pay something extra per day to cover travel; its enough. I have heard complaints about the benefits. Crew changes are irregular with people routinely required to work over for several extra weeks.The owner is eccentric and erratic. I’m told they have three kinds of fired: you are fired I’ll call you tomorrow; you are fired I’ll call you in a couple days; and you are really fired.

Everything I hear about Tradewinds is good, except the below average pay. Nice people. Personally, I’d prefer Tradewinds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all that sounds accurate. Its worth a shot i guess.

[QUOTE=Saltine;139858]So you were offered a job but don’t know the pay or work rotation? Sounds to me like you didn’t get a job offer.

BTW, don’t come on here talking smack, you’re a DECKHAND! You get paid from the neck to the deck, not to think or talk.[/QUOTE]

I have a physical and drug test tomorrow, once that’s all done then i will discuss all that other shit. That’s where i get to discuss and see if i want the job or not. Since i know a fucking trade i don’t HAVE to take the job. There’s plenty of other work out there for skilled AB’s. When you’re good at what you do you don’t have to suck dick in the gulf (or on gcaptian) and beg for a job. Whats the matter you old miserable dipshits? Dose it make you nervous someone young with an attitude wont be intimidated by you gcaptain tough guys? Dont exhaust your fingers out on a response, don’t you have chart work to finish?

If you were as good as you thought you were, you wouldn’t be asking Bouchard for a job, you would already be in the GOM. No one is asking you to be intimidated, and no one is asking or worried about your attitude, you shut up and do your job or you hit the beach. It’s a pretty simple concept.

1 Like

Just keep in mind… you would be surprised who monitors these boards. It wouldn’t be hard for someone at the company to figure out “who you are”… and every post you make, well, they will know you are the one posting. I mean, you got hired yesterday… physical tomorrow… unless they had 50 guys hired yesterday… they will know it was you. Just be aware that GCaptain is not always as under the radar as you think. NO, GCaptain isn’t giving out your information… but it can be figured out by your posts. You don’t want to get a rep at your job as the “lazy young guy with an attitude” right?