Bouchard bouchard bouchard

I honestly wouldn’t see any problem working there in your shoes. You seem like a younger guy with an AB card, you’ll get way more hands on experience working there than a lot of other options. As said before they pay pretty good for a tug/barge company, probably a few $ +- reinauer/Moran Etc when you factor in travel. Plus they run the boats separately from the tugs, even when ATB’s. no (major) dealing with the barge once it’s tied up. Moor the barge then go do assist work etc after.

They spend $ in shipyard too so you won’t be expected to paint the whole boat over and over again.

If you want tug/barge experience on good equipment, go take it. Youll be on the radio Docking/sailing 100,000+ bbl barges, very good experience. They have a few shitboxes but they aren’t that bad in all honesty, but no GOM floating luxury condo with 5 captains. If you’re providing for a family and want a super steady paycheck stay at the union gig.

I saw an ad for genesis looking for AB’s and engineers recently too, back of workboat I think?

I don’t work there, and never have, but their crews always seem to be making the best of it. I see far less of the miserable, despair doom and gloom Kirby attitude on Bouchard rigs. Ball breaking, sneaking off boats etc.

. I created the thread just to get more info on the company. That lazy comment before was sarcasm but I appreciate the heads up. I’m not on here bashing the company I’m on here getting input that’s all. That and oh yeah pissing off rig and supply boat guys.

what’s the matter? Having someone say something bad about your precious GOM upset you? I’m truly sorry jerkoff. Not everyone wants to be down there. Hate to break it to you.

Why would I be upset you can’t get down here? You were blowing your own horn, I just let you know not a single person is impressed.

this is exactly what I’m looking for thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to give me good info and not getting hung up on a petty sarcastic comment. I’m looking forward to the opportunity and a foot in the door to the tug and barge industry.

you’re incredible.

[QUOTE=Goirish44;139865]I have a physical and drug test tomorrow, once that’s all done then i will discuss all that other shit. That’s where i get to discuss and see if i want the job or not. Since i know a fucking trade i don’t HAVE to take the job. There’s plenty of other work out there for skilled AB’s. When you’re good at what you do you don’t have to suck dick in the gulf (or on gcaptian) and beg for a job. Whats the matter you old miserable dipshits? Dose it make you nervous someone young with an attitude wont be intimidated by you gcaptain tough guys? Dont exhaust your fingers out on a response, don’t you have chart work to finish?[/QUOTE]

If you were as good at your trade as you think you are, you wouldn’t be looking for a job. I don’t think I’ve ever run across a company that asks you to do a drug screen and physical then wants to talk about pay.

BTW, I don’t care if you work in the GOM, Northeast, Africa, etc… With the attitude you have you will always be one mistake away from having to speak the line: “do you want fries with that.”

. Yaawwnnnnn…next?

What are you, 4? Next? Next what? People are trying to give you advice because history has proved super deckhands don’t last. I’m not sure what skill and what trade you think you have to make people bend over backwards to hire you, but your type is a dime a dozen. Good luck though, you’ll need it.

couldn’t resist could you? I got all the info I needed now I’m just enjoying my morning coffee laughing at you guys getting all fired up. Relax, just a message board. Also do you want salt pepper ketchup with your fries?

wow , what a thread

What you should do is show up to the boat with a stack of SIU pledge cards!

that’s my plan. Hahah

Listen guys it’s been fun but I have a ten o’clock tee time then I gotta go flip burgers at Wendy’s. I’ll be in touch, thank you taking everything I say super literal and thank you for getting so upset over the Internet!

I worked there once back about 14 years ago, the previous company I was with sold out after being with them for 8 years. I needed a job and the evil empire was the first place to say bring license and come on up. That was my first time working for a NY company. The boats and equipment was top notch, the boat crews were good as well, but the office staff was like working for the most arrogant bunch of clowns I have ever been around in my life. Spent about 75 or 80 days on the boat because they could not find my a relief. Got into a screaming match with one of the office clowns because they could not find me a relief. Wound up basically walking off the boat, after being told I’m fired but you can’t leave because we still don’t have a relief for you.

The pay was good, benefits were decent, and they did pay some travel expense, they gave 30 bucks a day for travel for every day you were on the boat, but it was a separate check. I had a hard time collecting my travel money because I was there such a short time. Finally got it about 9 months later, after writing several nasty certified letters.

It was a good experience for me, that fiasco lead me to getting on a big foreign flag IMR vessel and getting the last upgrade I needed and after looking back on it now, I am glad that happened, I am way better off now.

[QUOTE=Goirish44;139885]Listen guys it’s been fun but I have a ten o’clock tee time then I gotta go flip burgers at Wendy’s. I’ll be in touch, thank you taking everything I say super literal and thank you for getting so upset over the Internet![/QUOTE]

I hope you take the job at Bouchard. It will be a big pay increase over the SIU.

All jokes and shit aside I appreciate the input and all that guys. I don’t know what I’m going to do yet. To all the guys that I bickered with I hope you know I’m just really sarcastic.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Maybe think about dialing back the sarcasm … couldn’t hurt when you haven’t made your bones.

I don’t see the need to shit on this guy because he would rather work at a northeast tug/barge company than join everyone in their brother in the gulf. There are many many many deckhands in trades other than the oilfield that are just as skilled as anyone in another. I personally would prefer a deckhand with experience working on a POS stone boat or container ship over your “super” deckhand who’s done nothing other than get 180 days and sit through a class for that AB card.

I personally think doing some time on an oil boat would look pretty good on the resume if he ever wanted to go chase that big bad super elusive gulf AB job someday.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Saltine;139858]So you were offered a job but don’t know the pay or work rotation? Sounds to me like you didn’t get a job offer.

BTW, don’t come on here talking smack, you’re a DECKHAND! You get paid from the neck to the deck, not to think or talk.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that’s how it goes a lot of the time up this way. Not this guys fault.

So you think Deckhands here just sit on their hands all day and do nothing.
Some of the best captains i know came up through the GOM Patch