Any Bouchard employees out there?

Does Bouchard offer even time?

once you get fired you’ll have all kinds of time off! sorry. couldnt resist it.i personally havent worked for them in years.my sources say ab’s most likely not.everyone else maybe.depends if you have a relief.as an engineer i hardly ever did.

At one point some guys were 21/21, 28/28, and every other situation consisting of 364/1 and beyond. Just what I overhear

For wheelhouse positions yes they do. Engineers maybe & ab’s are 2 for 1

Not really. Don’t believe a word they tell you on the phone. I was told 21/21. Showed up to the boat and it was 60/30. Of course you can always just wait to get fired to take some time off. Seriously though. The economy doesn’t suck anymore. Look elsewhere.

Well we are 16 tankerman short as of today, so no equal time is available at present.

[QUOTE=newman;134986]once you get fired you’ll have all kinds of time off! sorry. couldnt resist it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the Bouchard I know. They once fired a guy who didn’t even WORK there.

That made me laugh hard.

[QUOTE=Enarubin;135549]That made me laugh hard.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I wasn’t joking, either. :slight_smile:

How did that happen

Every place is 16+ guys short right now. There are more jobs out there than warm bodies, I dont see how guys deal with the Bouchard bullshit.

I called them to check the status of my Resume last week and they said personal had it. The gentlemen did sound like they were in need of people but after reading this i’m treading lightly…thank you all for the input as always.

I did too.

[QUOTE=kfj;135559]How did that happen[/QUOTE][B][/B]

I wasn’t there ( I never worked for them), but heard the story from a couple ex-employees who were working on the Lakes.
Old Man Bouchard used to have a habit of coming down to the boat and firing everybody onboard. I don’t recall if these
firings were alcohol related or if he was just a prick. His (brother?) used to have to call everyone the next day and re-hire
them. This happened more than once. From what I recall, one time everyone just waited until he left, stayed on board and
waited for the ‘re-hired’ call.

Anyways, on one of these ‘mass-firings’, there was a vendor on board for something or another. Bouchard came on board raising hell,
the vendor said something a little offsides, and was promptly fired along with the rest of them -from a company he didn’t even work for,
by a man who thought he was crew.

There’s even a company motto, if I recall…“You’re not a real Bouchard-man unless you’ve been fired at least twice”.

Believe it or not this is the second time I heard this story. This time in much more detail.

[QUOTE=BargeMonkey;135563]Every place is 16+ guys short right now. There are more jobs out there than warm bodies, I dont see how guys deal with the Bouchard bullshit.[/QUOTE]

If that is true, why aren’t wages rising?

If that is true, only a few more people will need to leave before they will be forced to raise wages to retain people or start tying up boats.

What happened to all those deckhands with 1600 ton licenses that have waited for years to move up?

They moved, to the gulf that is

Yes, and the ones still around STILL cannot throw a line or operate a mop and/or coffee maker.

You guys feel free to keep em

theres a ‘reason’ why they are deckhands with licenses waiting to love up. The swab and TV remote are in the way too much! It’s easier to GET a license than sail on it. Unfortunately most people don’t ‘get’ that part. They assume ‘I got a piece of paper’ why won’t they let me drive?

I don’t know of any companies (Reputable ones) who just let an untried wheelhouse person take a whack at it anymore.

The companies who are like ‘mortys navy’ just force the employees to work whatever schedule they need to keep the fleet running. This is why the 21/21 28/14 30/10 364/1 schedules were mentioned. All because some people will work WAY more than 6 months, be cash rich and relationship poor. Different strikes for different people.