You simply gotta love this about my favurite Navee ships

Post Shakedown Availability eh? Going in to a shipyard with a brand new ship immediately after delivery! Must be to one, fix all the shitty work the Navee let the builder (Austal USA) foist off on them yet still got paid get paid for and/or two, to fix all the shit that the Navee broke on the shakedown because of all the shitty workmanship of the builder or the stoopid Navee squids who didn’t know the correct way to operate it.

[B]BIW awarded $11.7 million for LCS 4 PSA planning[/B]

LCS 4 underway

JUNE 15, 2014 — General Dynamics Bath Iron Works, Bath, Maine, is being awarded $11,715,565 for cost-plus-award-fee modification 0001 to the previously awarded order (N00024-13-G-2316) to provide engineering and management efforts in support of the post-shakedown availability (PSA) for littoral combat ship USS Coronado (LCS 4).

This order is for planning for LCS 4’s PSA. Bath Iron Works will provide labor and material support services for the vessel. Efforts will include program management, production supervision, temporary protection services and transportation services necessary to complete the PSA.

Work will be performed in San Diego, California, and is expected to be completed by December 2014. Fiscal 2014 ship conversion (Navy) funding in the amount of $5,000,000 will be obligated at time of award. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion, and Repair, Bath, Maine, is the contracting activity.

Now I must ask if this $11.7M for? I see it is a modification of an existing contract…how much was that one worth and are any of these to do any real physical work or just for the purposes of invoicing Uncle Sam? WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING CRIMINALS!

PSA’s were always a sore point with me at MSC. They would build a new class of ships to the original specs even though the first ships were completed and undergoing PSA’s and lots of shit was getting fixed and/or changed. Then the new ship would go and get the same fixes/changes. Stupid.