Work Pants

[QUOTE=newman;177408]I go to the thrift store, buy double knit polyester slacks like we used to wear in the 70’s for practicaly nothing. They come in many styles and hi vis colors. Thats cause im a groovy dude. The only drawback is they could melt to your nuts in the e/r but other than that…im stylin’[/QUOTE]

why just stop with the slacks…why not wear a polyester leisure suit when on deck?

you too can be than 70’s uberdood like “the Turk”

yes, I am old enough to remember both leisure suits and the Turk both

I demand you remove my picture, ASAP.

[QUOTE=z-drive;177518]I demand you remove my picture, ASAP.[/QUOTE]

yeah!..you and WHOSE Army?

[QUOTE=c.captain;177521]yeah!..you and WHOSE Army?[/QUOTE]

I’ll invite that nincompoop expert on the difference between real/fake ro/ro’s back.

[QUOTE=z-drive;177522]I’ll invite that nincompoop expert on the difference between real/fake ro/ro’s back.[/QUOTE]

I think that he IS back. . .

[QUOTE=renoun;177306]I’ve switched from Carhartt to Blaklader which are from Sweden but have become fairly available in the US. They are much more durable than Carhartt for a slight price premium with an option for well integrated knee pads and very useful cargo pockets. I like brawny pants for winter wear and bantam pants for summer wear but you can also get even heavier pants or high viz pants now too.[/QUOTE]

Just for fun, I took a look at Blaklader pants the other day at the Whistle workwear store in SoDo. I discovered that they are only made in small, and super small, sizes for skinny underfed Euro-Vegans.

Im not a shopper. If not for tools i hate to shop, so when i was at the thrift shop i saw 2 pair of jeans correct size i grabbed and got the hell out. I through 'em in the wash and brought them to the boat.when i went to put them on my legs wouldnt fit in,? Too much time at the diner? Too many donuts? Upon closer inspection i found i had purchased “skinny” jeans. Im an older guy with a homer simpson phyique and im not on this earth to impress many people but ill be damned if i walk around my boat wearing tights. Through 'em in the trash.

Wrangler Rustlers from walmart are $12.50. Nearly indestructible and will wear in to your body shape over time.

Wrangler Rodeos are $20-$30 and are a level up in durability and deeper pockets. Have to find them at country stores or walmart wayyyy in the sticks.

A word of advice I once heard was go to a thrift store. You can outfit a seabag for nothing and after all, they are clothes to throw away!