Women jobs

hi im a mature woman who interested in work on an oil rig no experience on oil rigs how do I go about it what do I need to start of was thinking of domestic or catering work

I offer a 6 month course at my kitchen career academy. For only $5000.00 you will stay at my facility where I will simulate life on an oil rig.

Here you can practice your cooking and housekeeping skills before heading out into the Gulf.

Get your TWIC and MMD (with STCW) then apply…

hi krusty salt thanks for replying
what are they and where would I be able to do the necessary training?

thanks again

colleens

Do a search for Transportation Worker Identity Credential and STCW otherwise you’ll get the pointy stick. Jobs aren’t segregated by gender out here, you can either do the job or you can’t.

Here is a link to the Coast Guard credentialing page, start there. http://www.uscg.mil/nmc/credentials/

And while you are busy getting the credentials, Colleen, use the search function on this site. There is a wealth of information for a newbie such as yourself. Not sure what kind of work you want to do as a “mature” woman, but there are plenty of catering companies who hire cooks, galleyhands and the like. Good luck.