Who's Hiring

Hey guys im trying to find some work. Already have my MMC with STCW courses, TWIC and Passport. Put in dozens of applications still not bite. I also called Marquette but they are full staffed (even though the website says they are hiring) called caroline companies and some lady told me they review applications daily and will give me a call whenever i guess. Looks like im going to be sitting a while before i get out there. Any advice ?

buy the trade mags and check the back pages.

Crowley in Western Alaska

I hear Edison Chouest is hiring OS/AB’s.
I would image Nicky Collins is still the man to talk to over there.

Nah they ain’t

[QUOTE=c.captain;161461]Crowley in Western Alaska[/QUOTE]

Crowley hires for OS ? I thought it was AB and up

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=St@nley68;161501]I hear Edison Chouest is hiring OS/AB’s.
I would image Nicky Collins is still the man to talk to over there.[/QUOTE]

Would you happen to have his number and should I just call and ask for him ?

• Updated - - -

Thanks guys. I see canal barge is hiring for a deckhand in June. I heard there pay is low which sucks but I guess I’ll go ahead and apply. At least I’ll have my foot in the door and build up experience

Towboating does suck bad, lowest pay for the hardest work but gotta start somewhere

People that I know personally who have been hired at ECO said its best to go to the office and fill out an app in person.
They say Monday’s are best and that you will get an interview with Nicky without an appt.
His number 985-601-4285.

[QUOTE=Tkoval;161607]Towboating does suck bad, lowest pay for the hardest work but gotta start somewhere[/QUOTE]

I disagree, but to each their own.

Yall obviously ain’t worked 40 barge ratchet tows on the lower Mississippi, which is what the original poster of this thread will be doing with canal barge

The guys who do that work hard and they are under paid. But thats there own fault for working for low wages. But I guess you gota take what you can get

Roger that, gotta start somewheres

[QUOTE=Tkoval;161607]Towboating does suck bad, lowest pay for the hardest work but gotta start somewhere[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. After 25 years as a commercial fisherman working on a tug is fairly easy.

Chouest is actively hiring cooks. A few of the boats have gotten new guys on board and it is posted on the company website.

HOS is hiring experienced ETO’s for the new Hosmax 300/310 vessels.

Edison Chouest is currently hiring cooks but you may get lucky and get on in other positions. New vessels coming out all the time. Go by the office in person is always your best bet.