What's the process to acquire the 100 ton master license?

Ah good ole Dinsy! Once they figured out you beat them an then took their money it was a turning point…

[QUOTE=Deuce;111619]Look man…I’m just getting sick of you old timers giving these new guys bad advice out of what? Jealousy? Scared they’re going to take your jobs? That Cavo guy even told him to go take some tests or some crazy stuff like that! What an ass!

Just remember op…If you want good things in life…women…drugs…a sweet captain job…You just have to man up and claim it! Don’t let all of these jack asses ruin your hopes and dreams of getting that sweet captain gig. Put your mind to it, man up, and follow my advice, and you’ll be the HMFIC making the big $ as a captain within the month![/QUOTE]

You sound like the crazy ass. Mr. Cavo is quite correct (he always is) that for a 100 ton masters license he will indeed be taking exams.

[QUOTE=“Robert;111675”]You sound like the crazy ass. Mr. Cavo is quite correct (he always is) that for a 100 ton license he will indeed be taking exams.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there IS an exam. It consists of correctly spelling your name with the title “Captain” in front of it…

I just told him the secret process to getting an unlimited masters and immediately securing a position, and you’re somehow dwelling on a 100 ton? Do people really still have those? You are just another part of the conspiracy to keep this guy from taking your job!

[QUOTE=Deuce;111684]I just told him the secret process to getting an unlimited masters and immediately securing a position, and you’re somehow dwelling on a 100 ton? Do people really still have those? You are just another part of the conspiracy to keep this guy from taking your job![/QUOTE]

And shame on you for revealing secrets like that! :slight_smile:

It wannt at long agoe eye cuddnt speel Captnin. Now I are one.

CDL? Lol no. Not even close. Becoming a Captain takes years of hands on experience. You don’t simply take a test and become a captain. You need to start from the deck up.
This is full on commitment, not something you add on as a bonus for your resume and what not.

I would hope that after 6 years of this thread being dead, he figured it out.

Jesus people, look at how old a thread is before you bring a zombie back to life. It’s not that hard!

1 Like