What's the process to acquire the 100 ton master license?

Here you go C. Captain
Dam Fraq I though we had finely taught how to use flicker.

](http://www.flickr.com/photos/96871564@N03/8932165940/)
Untitled by Early Cuyler[/IMG]

and i still don’t get how you can have more than one captain!!!

1 Like

I have to right click on the picture and open in a new window, then it will ask you to re-log in to gcaptain. Then you can see the pictures. That is the only way I can view pictures on a computer.

everybody can be a “captain” because it is a meaningless word and not a legal position. The only reference to a “captain” in the CFRs is COTP (Captain of the Port).

only one person can be master and all other deck officers are mates as far as the law and USCG is concerned but don’t tell that to the OMSA companies. Unless the USCG tells them to stop calling everybody including the cook “captain” then they’ll do this shit forever.

Sorry couldn’t resist as soon as I saw it I let out a loud laugh. I was thinking wow this is too easy. I’m hoping when we rewrite the station bill we can add a fifth captain in charge of the coffee pot.

OP…these guys are f’ing with you, jealous, and just don’t want you to get hired! This shit is real simple. Just go buy a nice, white captain hat, some epaulettes, and you’re good to go! The process is more like becoming a taxi driver, and not a truck driver as that’s pretty difficult. When you’re ready to go claim your job, just show up and let the captain know that his relief is there. If you can drive a car, you can drive a boat. It’s almost identical. Enjoy your new career amigo!

[QUOTE=Deuce;111533]OP…these guys are f’ing with you, jealous, and just don’t want you to get hired! This shit is real simple. Just go buy a nice, white captain hat, some epaulettes, and you’re good to go! The process is more like becoming a taxi driver, and not a truck driver as that’s pretty difficult. When you’re ready to go claim your job, just show up and let the captain know that his relief is there. If you can drive a car, you can drive a boat. It’s almost identical. Enjoy your new career amigo![/QUOTE]

Curses upon your head Mr. RAT! You just let out a massive trade secret here and “the order” can’t allow you to get away with this.

Now we have to send Luca Brasi round to take you out for a boatride so you can see da pretty fishes

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;111532]'m hoping when we rewrite the station bill we can add a fifth captain in charge of the coffee pot.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t the 5th captain the cadet?

Nope he’s a 6000itc Master

Reminds me of that caricature on the Sea School ads in back of Work Boat magazine.

What if, just sayin’, he was to drive to the dock in a big rig, step out dressed as, oh let’s say, a pirate captain, then the rarely achieved and much coveted goal shall bee achieved. 3 birds with one stone. Go to the the “pirate ship” and do as instructed earlier, tell the captain that his relief has arrived. Tell em your a 3rd Captain as this clearly has no bearing or relevance. He might even say “Finally, the 3rd Captain’s slot has been filled and my daughter’s birthday is this weekend!!!” Who knows?!?!? But I would check on ebay for a parrot though, as they can be pricey at a pet store. Google Captain Jack Sparrow outfits.

Dude, when. I was in the Army, the drill sergeant told me “I thought there was no such thing as a stupid question, until I met you Murphy”

This is all part of the learning process. It has happened to us all. All part of havin’ fun.

Good luck in your job search and “Arrrrrrrrg” to ya.

[QUOTE=Madvac;111567]But I would check on ebay for a parrot though, as they can be pricey at a pet store.[/QUOTE]

Now why did you have to go and mention getting a parrot! I once tried to buy myself a parrot and had a terrible experience

//youtu.be/4vuW6tQ0218

I am still pining for the Fiords to this very day!

Well there’s your problem right there, you tried to buy a parrot. A true pirate mariner knows that you have to go out and catch a parrot on an isolated Caribbean island and subdue it until it respects you as it’s master.

While im here, quick question: On a cruise ship, does the Captain of the Waitstaff count as a “Captain”??

On the cruise ship I was on the Hotel Manager wore the same shoulder boards on his costume as the Master. Crazy thing was he was even more self absorbed than the Captain. I didn’t think that was possible.

Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that?

Italian or Greek?

Next hitch I will rewrite the station bill to reflect the entire crew as “captains.”

To further complicate it I will make the AB’s 4th captains, but with a 1st and 2nd designation (2nd 4th captain etc)

Same for engine room. Chief will now be “chief engineer, captain”

Look man…I’m just getting sick of you old timers giving these new guys bad advice out of what? Jealousy? Scared they’re going to take your jobs? That Cavo guy even told him to go take some tests or some crazy stuff like that! What an ass!

Just remember op…If you want good things in life…women…drugs…a sweet captain job…You just have to man up and claim it! Don’t let all of these jack asses ruin your hopes and dreams of getting that sweet captain gig. Put your mind to it, man up, and follow my advice, and you’ll be the HMFIC making the big $ as a captain within the month!

Just one month eh?
That sounds great!

US flagged of course it was SS Independence.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;111621]Just one month eh?
That sounds great![/QUOTE]

If you’re really a great BS artist you can do it in 6 days! I myself did it in only 3 but I have a special gift that way. The trick is the beard but I didn’t say that. I don’t want Spiny Norman commin round with a tank to take me for a drag to see the Piranha bros!

Doug and Dinsdale Piranha with friend

//youtu.be/-fNvi6xG-5Y

“He uses sarcasm!” I’d rather tear my own head off rather than see Doug!