USNS Invincible

Anyone here on the forum ever serve on board her? Trying to get some info. Supposed to sail with her soon and trying to get info. Thanks.

[QUOTE=Ultraclassic;187574]Anyone here on the forum ever serve on board her? Trying to get some info. Supposed to sail with her soon and trying to get info. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I was onboard in Nov 2014 conducting training. Was a solid clean vessel. It stays in Bahrain when not U/W; there is a US Navy Exchange there at the base. There’s also some “night life” in Bahrain.
I have seen her in Diego Garcia several times, years ago.

I hope you are relieving my neighbor. Poor guy has been stuck on there for almost 9 months. The union can’t or won’t get him a relief.

He was supposed to be on there for 4 months.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;187603]I hope you are relieving my neighbor. Poor guy has been stuck on there for almost 9 months. The union can’t or won’t get him a relief.

He was supposed to be on there for 4 months.[/QUOTE]

Jody must be the dispatcher.

Does anyone know if this the ship that took over the USNS Kane’s mission?

Is this a MSC contract ship ??

[QUOTE=exodus;187617]Is this a MSC contract ship ??[/QUOTE]

USNS= owned by the Navy, operated by MSC.

Yes, it is union contract and not CIVMAR.

[QUOTE=DeckApe;187621]Yes, it is union contract and not CIVMAR.[/QUOTE]

GO - CO, Crowley contracted, last I checked.

Yes Thanks, I knew it was in Bahrain, I am quite familiar with the ASU, the Navy base there, Spent many years of my career in the Persian Gulf. I retired after 22 years. I went down to the hall to be told that job is gone, (was waiting for some blood work to come back)Yes it is an MSC contract through Crowley. The hall has been full lately and a ton of jobs on the board mostly Crowley and I don’t see anyone shipping? I do not know why. Heading back Monday, need to work, Would really like a tug job but gotta do what I gotta do.

• Updated - - -

WOW that’s crazy, I have heard of being held over but that is insane, although you get a nice bump for each day over your ship off date.