Upgrading from 3/m to 2/m and 1600 ton master question?

Good Evening Gents!
So, I sent in my paperwork for my second mate upgrade. Except for morse code, I’m good to go. Unfortunately, I’m sailing foreign flag in the Med for the next two months so that won’t be happening any time soon… But the real question. I decided I want my 1600 ton master. So, I emailed the CG and they said I just need to send in an additional application and pay the fees then test…
So, my question is: When I fill out the application, is the 1600 ton master:
A: A license
B: A raise in grade (of the 1600 ton chief mate that came with my 3/m)
C: An endorsement on my 2/m

Also, if it is a license do I need to “sign the oath in the presence of a coast guard official”?

Thanks for the help! Wow CG paperwork is painful. I drive a 1040’ cruise ship with 4,000 people on board and the one thing I need to upgrade my license isn’t to demonstrate my competency in rules of the road, or bridge team management, not even ship handling, or deck safety or even fire fighting… NOPE MORSE CODE. Someone put a lot of thought into this.

Thanks Again!

[QUOTE=Midnight Rider;57594]Good Evening Gents!
So, I sent in my paperwork for my second mate upgrade. Except for morse code, I’m good to go. Unfortunately, I’m sailing foreign flag in the Med for the next two months so that won’t be happening any time soon… But the real question. I decided I want my 1600 ton master. So, I emailed the CG and they said I just need to send in an additional application and pay the fees then test…
So, my question is: When I fill out the application, is the 1600 ton master:
A: A license
B: A raise in grade (of the 1600 ton chief mate that came with my 3/m)
C: An endorsement on my 2/m

Also, if it is a license do I need to “sign the oath in the presence of a coast guard official”?

Thanks for the help! Wow CG paperwork is painful. I drive a 1040’ cruise ship with 4,000 people on board and the one thing I need to upgrade my license isn’t to demonstrate my competency in rules of the road, or bridge team management, not even ship handling, or deck safety or even fire fighting… NOPE MORSE CODE. Someone put a lot of thought into this.

Thanks Again![/QUOTE]

It’s probably a raise in grade. None of the others fit.

Make sure you also check ALL the boxes for renewal. If you don’t, your new, upgraded license may have the same expiration date as your old one. (A not widely known result of putting all the documents into one consolidated MMC).

Thank you very much for your help! It is greatly appreciated. I will keep this post updated on how it goes!

Thanks Again!