Twic renewal

Don’t know if yall remember but the Navy actually let workers on base with a TWIX until that loony truck-driver ran onto a ship at Norfolk and shot a sailor. Now even they won’t honor it. Its well and truly worthless.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;176278]How bout the first time you handed it to the TSA agent at the airport and he didn’t even know what it was?[/QUOTE]

You know, I never had an issue with a TSA agent when using my TWIC. I DID have one guy up in Pittsburgh look at it kinda funny last year when coming home from a job. . . of course my favorite is getting that TSA Known Traveler Number. . . I didn’t get mine at the airport, since it was easier and they issued it at the same place (and in the same room) as the TWIC. . . good thing I brought my passport, though. . . when they asked for an ID, I produced my TWIC and was told that it was not acceptable. . . at the place where they issue TWIC cards. . . sigh. . . .

When a state DL trumps a TWIC then The whole concept is nothing more than a glorified library card. I remember when unions and longshoreman fought the program tooth and nail because they were worried many of them couldn’t pass the background check. I didn’t hear of mass firings due to the TWIC.
I recently wanted to use it for the accelerated security program and was told the card and background process used didn’t qualify. Go figure…

twix, huh yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, oh hoh, oh
twix huh yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, say it again y’all
twix, huh good God
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, listen to me

Oh, twix, I despise
’Cause it means destruction of innocent lives
twix means tears to thousands of mothers eyes
When their sons go off to fight and lose their lives

I said
twix, huh good God y’all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, just say it again
twix whoa Lord
What is it good for?
twix, it ain’t nothin’ but a heartbreak
twix, friend only to the undertaker

Oh twix, is an enemy to all mankind
The thought of twix blows my mind
twix has caused unrest within the younger generation
Induction, then destruction who wants to die

twix, good God, y’all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, say it, say it, say it
twix, uh huh, yeah, huh
What is it good for?
twix, it ain’t nothin’ but a heartbreaker
twix, it’s got one friend that’s the undertaker

Oh, twix has shattered many young man’s dreams
Made him disabled bitter and mean
Life is much too short and precious to spend fighting twixs these days
twix can’t give life it can only take it away, ooh

twix, huh, good God y’all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, say it again
twix, whoa, Lord
What is it good for?
twix, friend only to the undertaker

Peace love and understanding tell me
Is there no place for them today
They say we must fight to keep our freedom
But Lord knows there’s got to be a better way

twix, huh, good God y’all
What is it good for?
You tell ‘em, say it, say it, say it, say it
twix, good Lord, huh
What is it good for?
Stand up and shout it, nothing

Read more: Edwin Starr - twix Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I’ve never been able to use the card at the airport, its never been scanned, and the Coasties don’t ask to see it during COI. The REC wanted to see that I had a TWIC so that I could test, then they asked to another legitimate form of ID. Did anyone notice that when you renew your TWIC, your soon-to-expire card is not a valid form of ID? They won’t even accept their own card!

[QUOTE=lanternfish;176299]I’ve never been able to use the card at the airport, its never been scanned, and the Coasties don’t ask to see it during COI. The REC wanted to see that I had a TWIC so that I could test, then they asked to another legitimate form of ID. Did anyone notice that when you renew your TWIC, your soon-to-expire card is not a valid form of ID? They won’t even accept their own card![/QUOTE]

I don’t know where you are flying to, but I have never had a problem using my TWIC and I fly at least once a month. . . oftentimes more.

When in was flying for work I always used my Twic, just for the principle of it. I had one TSA screened ask me who issued it, when I answered “you guys did” that was the end of it.

In some airports it will work as a ID but won't help you in the TSA Pre-check program.   I've tried a few times without luck.

I noticed today they are saying TSA will no longer accept Driver’s licenses from certain states due to their shady practices with licensing illegals and such. TSA prefers Driver’s licenses over their own TWIX cards. That speaks very lowly of TWIX cards…

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;176307]In some airports it will work as a ID but won’t help you in the TSA Pre-check program. I’ve tried a few times without luck.[/QUOTE]

When the PreCheck program started, Continental/United often granted the privilege even before getting a Known Travelers Number. Not always, mind you, but very often. For a while, right after I got my KTN, it seems that I would not get the PreCheck status as often, but most of the time, my flights were last minute, often times within hours of booking travel. These days, I can’t even recall NOT getting the status, even with last minute flights. I will tell you that while getting a KTN costs a bit of money, getting that PreCheck is worth every penny. . . saves a ton of time, and is also convenient.

As I have stated, though, I have yet to find an airport that wouldn’t accept a TWIC as ID and I hit quite a few during the course of a year. Of course I mean domestic. . . .Not like in the movie, “Contraband”, where they used their TWIC cards go gain access to the docks in Panama. . . . .

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;176310]I noticed today they are saying TSA will no longer accept Driver’s licenses from certain states due to their shady practices with licensing illegals and such. TSA prefers Driver’s licenses over their own TWIX cards. That speaks very lowly of TWIX cards…[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. . . remember when you could travel to and from some countries without a passport by using a Voters’ Registration? Well, you may or may not know, the US State Department no longer accepts a Voters’ Registration as proof of citizenship. . . while that is the topic of another thread, remember that on Election Day. . . .

Look guys, it is not a TWIX card. It’s a TWERP card. Totally Worthless Extra Redundant Piece of Plastic. Thanks God we have one though so we can keep America’s waterways safe for democracy!

What’s the turnaround time on renewal for your twic? People were telling me a week or less so I drug my feet on it. Now been sitting at the house for three weeks and nothing yet.

Just renewed took 2 weeks sent right to my door

Just got mine in 8 days , shoulda got the tsa pre check add on

[QUOTE=Boarider;183136]What’s the turnaround time on renewal for your twic? People were telling me a week or less so I drug my feet on it. Now been sitting at the house for three weeks and nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

I renewed mine Monday morning. Today received an email that it has been processed and should be at my home address within 5 - 15 days. If you haven’t heard anything in 3 weeks, you better get up and make a phone call

I’m going on 3 weeks, nothing. Maybe I need to call that number.

Got mine in a week. Did all the online stuff first then had an appointment.

They’re doing my background check now… whatever that means. The website says 21 days or less, the lady said 4-6 weeks. It would be nice if they got their crap in 1 sock!

I did the whole online and appointment crap as well, got be no where.

when i got mine [new] i walked into the place thursday morning and they had an opening,paid the money and answered a few questions.had it in my mailbox tuesday morning. i have held a valid pasprot for the last 12 years if that makes any difference ??

the receipt she handed me said expect up to 75 days for delivery , i about freaked when i read that

I got mine in less than a week but know people who went to the same place a week later and it took a few weeks, guess it all depends. Seems inconsistent.