TV shows of intrest

I watched Ice Pilots last night for the first time. The challenges faced on the show seem similar to that faced by mariners. Coping with environmental conditions, level of crew skills and so forth.

Deadliest Catch is ok but not enough action, too much time of routine operations. Gold Rush the crew is too amateur.

Whale Wars is about whales not ships.

What other shows are similar enough to maritime operations to appeal to mariners ?

K.C.

I like Ice Pilots a lot…there is also the series on the Coast Guard in Alaska also on the Weather Channel…give themn credit there for having “real” reality!

all the rest of them are just bullshit entertainment not fit for consumption of a human with two braincells which might actually connect

often wondered about another offshore series but thank God that they haven’t gone there knowing what the outcome would likely be! What was that one offshore series from years ago that had that construction crew setting anchor piles? THAT WAS PAINFUL!

[QUOTE=c.captain;82809]I like Ice Pilots a lot…there is also the series on the Coast Guard in Alaska also on the Weather Channel…give themn credit there for having “real” reality!

all the rest of them are just bullshit entertainment not fit for consumption of a human with two braincells which might actually connect

often wondered about another offshore series but thank God that they haven’t gone there knowing what the outcome would likely be! What was that one offshore series from years ago that had that construction crew setting anchor piles? THAT WAS PAINFUL![/QUOTE]

Yes, I’ve seen a couple episodes of CG Alaska. Slow at time but very good at others. I’ve spent some time in Kodiak so familiar scenes.

K.C.

Too many aviators, not enough sailors! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;82826]Yes, I’ve seen a couple episodes of CG Alaska. Slow at time but very good at others. I’ve spent some time in Kodiak so familiar scenes.

K.C.[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead.

Mighty Ships is interesting and I always liked that show salvage code red not sure if it is coming back, same goes for extreme engineering.

I just saw a little bit of “Iceberg Hunters” on the weather channel. They shoot the bergs then literally use a fishing net to hoist them on deck. In this day and age it seems like there should be an easier way…

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/iceberghunters

CG Alaska and Mighty Ships are both good but its hard to find an episode I havent already watched 5 times already. They play the same ones over and over.