The Deadliest Catch

Did anyone watch the show last might? The “Captain” of the Saga had a melt down over his drug use. They showed him heading for a Rehab place in New Mexico (I think).

I was wondering if he holds any type of License or and type of papers at all. After watching his meld down I was wondering how much heat from the Coast Guard this will bring down on the Fishing Industry.

What do you guys think?

Doubtful he has a license. I think the USCG see plenty of substance abuse cases and it wouldn’t change anything. Glad he went to get help and not back on the sticks!

[QUOTE=Tugs;138585]What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I think “Deadliest Catch” is a bloody FUCKING soap opera DIARRHEA filled BULLSHIT “reality show” that isn’t worth the toilet paper to wipe up with afterward!

I have worked in the Bering Sea crab fishery and what is shown in that load of CRAP ain’t real fishing. They might have been fishermen once but TV and fame has turned that bunch into a bunch of media WHORES!

It is all a bullshit lie. Even the name “Deadliest Catch” is deceitful, the name depicts something that happened years ago. A handful of fishermen and fish buyers now own the rights having written themselves rich in a “rationalization” caper that has nothing to do with biology or free enterprise.

ALASKA DISPATCH;

Time for ‘Deadliest Catch’ to go home
Erik Velsko
March 17, 2014

My brother in law worked one season on the “Dog Boats” in the mid 80s changing from JVing with the Russians…Yellow fin sole etc… He told me their was NO time for bullshitting and drama…head down…assholes and elbows. Sleep and food was the dream. He said JV fishing was gentleman fishing and way easier. So I do believe I agree with C Captain. Ps I worked on a factory trawler…Browns Point" and it kicked my lackey ass…sea going tugs are much easier.

[QUOTE=c.captain;138589]I have worked in the Bering Sea crab fishery and what is shown in that load of CRAP ain’t real fishing. They might have been fishermen once but TV and fame has turned that bunch into a bunch of media WHORES![/QUOTE]

I’m a long time fan of the show, but I tend to agree with your assessment. Every season feels more and more scripted, I think the reality has long left the show. Yet for some reason I keep on watching… :confused:

I agree with all of the above.

Elliot was fired off the Previous boat because he was a goofball with a drug problem that did not catch much crab, and no one wanted to work for him. However by then Elliot had developed a following among the lowlife walmart shoppers who watch the show, and think it is reality. The discovery channel was offering big bucks to get Elliot back on the show to keep the ratings up, so Lenny bought the Saga, put Elliot on it, and pocketed the discovery channel’s cash.

The show may be good lowlife theater, but its not real fishing.

I thought there were new licensing regs coming down for fishing boats? Aren’t they all going to have to dance to the same tune as the rest of us shmucks soon?

[QUOTE=c.captain;138589]I think “Deadliest Catch” is a bloody FUCKING soap opera DIARRHEA filled BULLSHIT “reality show” that isn’t worth the toilet paper to wipe up with afterward!

I have worked in the Bering Sea crab fishery and what is shown in that load of CRAP ain’t real fishing. They might have been fishermen once but TV and fame has turned that bunch into a bunch of media WHORES![/QUOTE]

Just say what yer thinking now.

Don’t hold back none there …

LOL !

[QUOTE=captobie;138619]Yet for some reason I keep on watching…[/QUOTE]

well stop it right now!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;138630]I thought there were new licensing regs coming down for fishing boats? Aren’t they all going to have to dance to the same tune as the rest of us shmucks soon?[/QUOTE]

if they are less than 300grt then no licenses required unless something has changed? has it? I might have missed the memo?

[QUOTE=+A465B;138638]Just say what yer thinking now.

Don’t hold back none there …

LOL ![/QUOTE]

Ok…let me just say that I LOATHE THE EMMEFFING SCUMSUCKING MEDIA PROSTITUTES ON DEADLIEST CATCH LIKE I HATE HAVING A DOSE OF THE CLAP! NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF SLIME COVERED GREEN SLUGS ALL OF EM!

Happy?

[QUOTE=c.captain;138646]…LIKE I HATE HAVING A DOSE OF THE CLAP!..[/QUOTE]

Speaking from experience?

Who Owns Fish Under Briberization? The Kleptocrac​y – Featured Writer Stephan Taufen

March 13, 2013 National, North Pacific
Susanne Rust’s “Who owns the fish?” is a well written and insightful piece. But, like all Catch Share authors, including myself, we are still learning how to really describe what is going on – having been overly influenced by the language of the wordsmiths brainwashing Congress and the public about quotas. With all good intention, here’s an expanded Opinion Piece to go with the March 12 article.,.Catch shares are really about asymmetric market power —especially by cartelized processors with plenary power over price-setting— being brought about under government sponsorship due to accompanying asymmetric political power. Nothing makes that clearer that the rigged witness list at today’s US House Natural Resources meeting (see Richard Gaines’ Gloucester Daily Times Editorial-Witness-list-shows-Magnuson-talks-a-sham-from-start ). John Pappalardo is a minor part of the national problem, as he was schooled by the real culprits of Alaska Ratz, some of whom are also on the rigged hearing witness list. continued… c.captain is correct in description of these slick characters, including the crab ratz processors, he has hit the nail squarely on the head.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;138650]Speaking from experience?[/QUOTE]

no comment

I use to watch the show in the beginning. I was even on a ship that was on an episode where a boat sank and lost 3 of the 4 crew members. Then after a few seasons they were more concerned with the two brothers and one of them was hooked on dope. The drama was the focus and I stopped watching it. Now it seems the hype is up again this year, I guess because it’s the 10th year. Now I check it out once in awhile. However all I see is one kid on Sigs boat butt hurt that he is not a captain yet, even though he has only been doing this a few years. Also the new kid who is skipper on a boat he owns is crying all the time about wanting to be home with his girlfriend. Man up sissy pants. Don’t like it? Stop doing the job. Anyway I don’t make it a point to watch as it is just like every reality show, it’s entertaining in the beginning, but then it gets popular and they have to create drama and add script to liven it up. Save the drama and fish. Wicked tuna is turing into the same thing. The drama is taking over

The episode before Elliot used Bose noise canceling headphones in the engine room as his hearing protection. Never seen that before.

It is a miracle if any of these Bozos can get even a dime of P & I Insurance, let alone Hull / Machinery cover…

Any Broker selling, and any Underwriter willfully covering the risks clearly seen (like holy cow !) on every show ---- needs to be fired for loading up the books with unnecessary risk.

[QUOTE=+A465B;138802]It is a miracle if any of these Bozos can get even a dime of P & I Insurance, let alone Hull / Machinery cover…

Any Broker selling, and any Underwriter willfully covering the risks clearly seen (like holy cow !) on every show ---- needs to be fired for loading up the books with unnecessary risk.[/QUOTE]

Presumably the Discovery Channel is providing “movie risk” insurance coverage.

The swapping of crew by floating across on a crab trap & wearing a survival suit was ridiculous as well. The richest man in Dutch is the local drug dealer.

[QUOTE=Tugted;138814]The swapping of crew by floating across on a crab trap & wearing a survival suit was ridiculous as well. The richest man in Dutch is the local drug dealer.[/QUOTE]

did they really do that? STAGGERING! UNBELIEVABLE! RIDICULOUS to beyond simple FARCE!