Alaskan Steel Men

I am sitting here watching this show trying not to throw something thru my TV. They just show these Yardbirds cutting an access in a barge used as a Floating dock in Anchorage used by a Tug Company. They said that the ice caused a crack in it. So, they cut the hole and jump right down there with no ventilation to be seen. They keep talking about all of the rust down there and we all know what happens when you have rust in a confined space.

Some of what they show might be interesting to those we leave at home to show what WE have to fix sometimes but these guys act like every job they do is life threatening.

I know I know, reality TV at it’s finest.

Every job probably is pretty life threatening if you’re stupid. Ask me about the deckhand I have who has painted himself into a corner three separate times…

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;119791]Every job probably is pretty life threatening if you’re stupid. Ask me about the deckhand I have who has painted himself into a corner three separate times…[/QUOTE]

I think I worked with his or her twin a time or two. As the saying goes, “You Can Not Fix Stupid”.

I like how the guy said most people measure then cut. I’m just gonna cut and make it fit. Oh OK!

Hmm. I am guessing I don’t want to watch this one. I saw the title on the guide, but didn’t investigate (oh, and fell asleep).