TV show deckhand

This is a casting call for a unique, energetic, big personality for a new fishing series. Age 21-35ish. Are you very funny, or maybe arrogant, opinionated, personable, etc? Do people tell you that you’d be great on a show? Longline experience is helpful, but personality is more important than skills. Probably deckhand, but other positions considered if it’s the right person. Most importantly, can you handle (or want to be challenged by) being at sea for 3 months in the worst climate possible? If interested, send a short note about why you are perfect for this, and include a picture and brief smartphone video clip to:
scfcasting@gmail.com

Thank you, and I apologize in advance that I will only be able to respond back to those who are selected.

Hey Ccaptain, maybe this is right for you and me!

Add uniblab and tmacadet and we’d have a show!

So this show is going to be totally scripted bullshit then?

" but personality is more important than skills"
that quote will eventually lead to, and perhaps show up, on a 2692…

You should know when posting here, even for casting call, that pay is more important that what the job involves…

( we want numbers…)

[QUOTE=coldduck;146718]Add uniblab and tmacadet and we’d have a show![/QUOTE]

Oh, I’d pay good money to see those 3 working together. Maybe add CommodoreCruiserForum just to round it out.

Calling the pharaoh and oregonblitzkrieg!

Isnt all that reality tv garbage bullshit already scripted?

I could go on a c.capt like rant about how much I despise reality tv.

Hey, I read today the TLC just cancelled “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”. Bet this show will backfill the time slot.

After thinking about this for a while, I wonder how good the writers are for this bit. I mean, how in the hell do you make longlining seem interesting?? Season 1; “We are going to put these hooks on that line ( camera pans to a coil of line, dramatic music fades in…) with some bait, AND YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!”. Better hope you catch a god damn whale pod if you want to get past the pilot episode.

Calling all assholes!

I suppose if they can make lobster fishing seem hardcore and super intense, you can make long lining just as awesome. Add a bunch of drug addicts like in Deadliest Catch and whammy!!

I’ve got an “ex allstar” longliner on the boat and after 2 years, he’s still trying to figure out how to be a good tug deckhand…

[QUOTE=snacktray;146803]After thinking about this for a while, I wonder how good the writers are for this bit. I mean, how in the hell do you make longlining seem interesting?? Season 1; “We are going to put these hooks on that line ( camera pans to a coil of line, dramatic music fades in…) with some bait, AND YOU WONT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!”. Better hope you catch a god damn whale pod if you want to get past the pilot episode.[/QUOTE]

I liked the show SWORDS. Didn’t like the cast as much as the crabbing folks though, them guys are hard to beat. At least they show most of the action is on the deck and not in the wheelhouse, well except for Elliot. LOL!!! This sounds like it’s gonna be a lame Jersey Shore type of show.

I died laughing at the lobster folks show. They were even saying “Them Bering Sea boys don’t have shit on us”, then they would screw up and show the land in the background about 3 miles away.

If it’s one thing I did not miss in the last month, it was TV.