Casting for TV show NEED SALTY DOG OLDER MEN

Hey all. I am the VP of Development for a TV Production Company based in NY and LA. We are casting a crew of commercial divers and ship captains to go on an adventure searching for the Lost Treasure of Lima off the coast of South America. THIS IS REAL. We already have the TV Network on board and we have the actual map to the treasure. We have archeologists and divers already cast. What I’m looking for now are boat captains.

We need an older male captain that is rough and tough, salty and preferably with tattoos and white hair. If this does not exactly apply to you, I’d like to hear from you anyway. We’ve got a team of young divers already cast, but the Network would like a mentor/father figure to watch over these hooligans. Is that you? I hope so. I don’t really care how big of a ship you can pilot, if you have a license to pilot even a tug I want to hear from you.

We don’t know when the shoot dates are yet, but it will be quite a while away. It is an 8 week commitment. There is pay.

Please email me ASAP as I need to cast this person by next week.

ryan@haymakertv.com

Hope to hear from you salty dogs soon!

C. Captain,
This has your name written all over it. Don’t know about that Tats or hair but I’m sure you would be colorful for the cameras if you maintain your rapport as own here.

Have them charter the Orca while they are at it.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;148584]C. Captain,
This has your name written all over it. Don’t know about that Tats or hair but I’m sure you would be colorful for the cameras if you maintain your rapport as own here.

Have them charter the Orca while they are at it.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit. I’m twice as crusty as he is.

[QUOTE=AB Murph;148584]C. Captain,

Have them charter the Orca while they are at it.[/QUOTE]

one thing I never ever wanted to be was a cartoon character which is what I fear that they are likely seeking here…we all know “reality” shows are very far from meeting any sense of what is truly “real”. They want an actor to play the captain as opposed to being a captain. If fact, if the vessel used in the filming is chartered, I seriously doubt one would actually be in command of anything.

then of course is the flip side such as the money, the notoriety, the babes…lots and lots of sexy, hot, beautiful women all turned on by men with command presence…

OK! I’LL DO IT!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=tugsailor;148585]Bullshit. I’m twice as crusty as he is.[/QUOTE]

How bout we fight for it…

//youtu.be/NPqhm36sjVE

guns, knives or steel toed boots?

Its no contest. One look at your pretty face and officer and a gentleman demeanor, and they’ll send you packing. I, on the other hand, look like something that just crawled out of the Elbow Room after a bad night. In fact, I’ve done just that many times.

Arrrrrr…I’m so salty you could make a salt lick out of me.

Somebody post picture of Captain Obvious. My iPhone is just too frustrating.

They specifically want an unlimited master

damned straight they do! only a genuine ship master is acceptable…not some seagoing pickup truck driving deepsea wannabe!

• Updated - - -

Even though strikingly handsome and a contender to play “The Most Interesting Man in the World”, I too am an alumnus of the University of Dutch Harbor where I majored in drinking and er…more drinking!

• Updated - - -

they’re not looking for salty…they want Krusty

oh, I guess they want salty afterall…

nevermind…

Oh lord please don’t give C.Captain a bigger soap box than this forum.

[QUOTE=beekerbetter;148606]Oh lord please don’t give C.Captain a bigger soap box than this forum.[/QUOTE]

not a soapbox son…

make that a BULL HORN!

Sign me up. I’ll play the part of young Academy grad in charge of a bunch of shmucks who hate that all I do is yell at them about safety and following the proper procedures since all they do is fk around on the job. I’m serious, send me a PM and we can negotiate salary. Might as well take any job I can right?

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;148612]Sign me up. I’ll play the part of young Academy grad in charge of a bunch of shmucks who hate that all I do is yell at them about safety and following the proper procedures since all they do is fk around on the job. I’m serious, send me a PM and we can negotiate salary. Might as well take any job I can right?[/QUOTE]

well if I got the job, I’d need a young ward to do the dirty work and be my muscle with the neanderthals that are your average divers. However Jetryder has been a loyal suckup to ol’ c.c for more than a year so I’ll have tlo give him first shot at being second banana

in other words son, “don’t call us, we’ll call you”

The Master doesn’t get the crew he wants, you get whoever the office pulls off the street.

With that I’ll be willing to play the part of the self-entitled greenhorn with a drug problem that knows best and can do your job better than you.

[QUOTE=Rain Wizard;148629]The Master doesn’t get the crew he wants, you get whoever the office pulls off the street.

With that I’ll be willing to play the part of the self-entitled greenhorn with a drug problem that knows best and can do your job better than you.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that description of the new crewman rings true far too often.

Oh, oh, I know. . . . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;148650]Oh, oh, I know. . . . . [/QUOTE]

That I fear that hideous reality might be all too true…that PHAT, PHUCKING, PHOOL is the captain they seek

If you need an oiler who looks like Melissa McCarthy (minus, say, 5 lbs), I’m in. If not, well, nuts to you.

[QUOTE=c.captain;148615]well if I got the job, I’d need a young ward to do the dirty work and be my muscle with the neanderthals that are your average divers. However Jetryder has been a loyal suckup to ol’ c.c for more than a year so I’ll have tlo give him first shot at being second banana

in other words son, “don’t call us, we’ll call you”[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the offer but Jet still has a year to go before he is paroled.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;148746]Appreciate the offer but Jet still has a year to go before he is paroled.[/QUOTE]

DAMN! Who’s next to call?..Fraqrat was the only member of the Operation Liquidate Uniblab A-Team who didn’t completely fail his duties in the mission (although he came damned close to becoming a POW at KP). He could be my “Mini Me”, but would a filthy squid pass muster with the suits at the network? Doubt it…

Domer…you might get the job yet but don’t wait by that phone…