Captains for TV

I just received this by email!

Go for it guys. You know you want to. And report back if you get hired.

Hello!

I’m a reality TV development director working out of FremantleMedia NA (the producers of American Idol, America’s Got Talent, X Factor, Price is Right, etc), and I found your email from Sailtraining.org.

I’m currently looking for serious and experienced sea captains for a new documentary-based television show. You would be playing yourself on-camera, and the basic idea involves environmental preservation and the importance of teamwork while on a vessel. We’re looking for comfortable, confident and hardcore sea captains for the program… someone who takes the job VERY seriously and doesn’t put up with anything less than his standards.

Give me a call and I can go over the details over the phone and see if it’s a good match for you or your associates… if not, you may know of others in your field that might be a good fit for the project. I’ve also included the general posting and instructions for submitting below.

Again, have anyone that may be interested call me directly for more information.

Peter Huntley
FremantleMedia NA

POSTING:

Now casting boat captains for an important environmental documentary series.

A major television production company is currently looking for serious and experienced boat captains for a new documentary television series involving sailing, solidarity and the environment.

If you are passionate about your field of work and the aquatic environment needed to support it, we want to hear from you.

Please email the following to CaptainCasting@gmail.com

1. Name and Age
  2. Location
  3. Contact Information (Phone #)
  4. Current Picture(s)
  5. A brief note explaining your experience as a captain

Hey DD do you think they would make a TV show about Sparky???

“We’re looking for comfortable, confident and hardcore sea captains for the program… someone who takes the job VERY seriously and doesn’t put up with anything less than his standards.”

HAHAHAHA That sounds like him!!

I was thinking of Capt_Anonymous. :wink:

[QUOTE=CaptAndrew;54523]I was thinking of Capt_Anonymous. ;)[/QUOTE]

I could do a radio show.

[QUOTE=Capt_Anonymous;54534]I could do a radio show.[/QUOTE]You do have a face tailor made for radio!

[QUOTE=CaptAndrew;54483]I just received this by email!

Go for it guys. You know you want to. And report back if you get hired.[/QUOTE]

I sent them an e-mail. No response yet. I guess I am not qualified, being oilfield trash and all.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;54598]I sent them an e-mail. No response yet. I guess I am not qualified, being oilfield trash and all.[/QUOTE]

I think it was the current picture of you eating a banana.