This cajaya business is way out of hand

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;175860]Like how to use a tap and die set?[/QUOTE]
I dunno…do all engineers know how to use a tap and die set? I previously thought they did…

The school lunch lady, a hobo or a zombie could use a tap and die set if they spent 5 minutes to read the instructions and took their time. It’s not exactly the pinnacle of engineering technology.

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;175862]The school lunch lady, a hobo or a zombie could use a tap and die set if they spent 5 minutes to read the instructions and took their time. It’s not exactly the pinnacle of engineering technology.[/QUOTE]

That is what my point is exactly. Which is why it is beyond me how someone can work in the engine room for 5 years or more and never bother to learn how to use one.

I wonder if a pictorial of what she should be doing would help advance her career goals…

[ATTACH]4336[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175904]I wonder if a pictorial of what she should be doing would help advance her career goals…

[ATTACH]4336[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I’d post a picture of what you should be doing, but I don’t think it would be appropriate for this forum. Jackass.

EDIT: Apparently 4 out of your 5 visible posts are exactly what I’m talking about in this thread. How about you piss off back to whatever brown hole you crawled out of if you’re not here to talk about maritime?

Oh! Internet tough guy! How cute! Look, don’t be upset if someone provides additional offshoot/topic based humor in a public setting. Just because YOU seem to be hung up on 100% professionalism at all times doesn’t mean some of us can’t speak to the minority whom don’t take theirselves so seriously. Do me, us, and most likely your shipmates a favor and walk into the head, drop trow, rinse the sand from your vagina, and carry on with the day.

[ATTACH]4341[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175928]Oh! Internet tough guy! How cute! Look, don’t be upset if someone provides additional offshoot/topic based humor in a public setting. Just because YOU seem to be hung up on 100% professionalism at all times doesn’t mean some of us can’t speak to the minority whom don’t take theirselves so seriously. Do me, us, and most likely your shipmates a favor and walk into the head, drop trow, rinse the sand from your vagina, and carry on with the day.

[ATTACH]4341[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

It’s people like you that make our industry look bad.

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175928]Oh! Internet tough guy! How cute! Look, don’t be upset if someone provides additional offshoot/topic based humor in a public setting. Just because YOU seem to be hung up on 100% professionalism at all times doesn’t mean some of us can’t speak to the minority whom don’t take theirselves so seriously. Do me, us, and most likely your shipmates a favor and walk into the head, drop trow, rinse the sand from your vagina, and carry on with the day. [ATTACH]4341[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]I’m not that bothered by insults in this thread – if you can’t help yourself, at least they’re relevant here. What bothers me is the laziness with which cavemen like you degrade my mother, my sisters, my friends, and half the human race by thinking that all you have to do to make a clever insult against a woman (whether warranted or not) is to say she should make you a sammich, she’s only good for stripping or prostitution, etc. When I see that laziness, it tells me that you’re not bright enough to make a real insult, and you have to rely on your audience to agree that women just aren’t worth anything. If your sister was wrong, would you insult her that way, or would you go to the trouble of making a real putdown?

Sammich.
Dude, the correct terminology is “sammich”

Cajaya, please stop. I’ve never in my 20 years in this industry seen someone as selfish and self serving as you young lady. That’s the whole point of THIS thread or I have completely missed the boat on the actual point. When you have at least 10 years under your keel, then you may comment to a point where I will listen to you but until then, take some friendly advice…ears open, mouth shut, and PROVE yourself with something other than words such as the verbal resume you ma’am, have touted recently

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175949]Cajaya, please stop. I’ve never in my 20 years in this industry seen someone as selfish and self serving as you young lady. That’s the whole point of THIS thread or I have completely missed the boat on the actual point. When you have at least 10 years under your keel, then you may comment to a point where I will listen to you but until then, take some friendly advice…ears open, mouth shut, and PROVE yourself with something other than words such as the verbal resume you ma’am, have touted recently[/QUOTE]

Semiautomatic. This has been going on for months. Myself, and others finally had the epiphany that some folks just won’t see eye to eye on some things. Save yourself the grief. Cease and desist the thrusting and parrying please.
In an effort to maintain a low threshold of integrity on gcaptain, we’ve laid down our pointy sticks for the holiday season…I’m hoping for longer.

Umm… I have 10 years? Lol

I didn’t start the thread. In any case people have the right to speak out against injustices weather they have 2 years or 20 years in the industry. That is irrelevent.

Now the intelligence level you just displayed is lower than my child-like behavior. You sir, actually think I am lumping a whole class of mariner into one photo and/or comment? Wow! As a matter of fact, I have had the pleasure and HONOR of sailing with and under women who you sir or ma’am, clearly could not hold a candle to based solely on the above statement! There is a solid difference between sailing with respectable Mariners and those who cry out when breaking the gender barriers and witnessing the adverse reactions and discrimination based purely on what’s between that individuals legs. From my readings, yes I do in fact have zero respect and thank god I don’t have to sail with this above referenced individual based purely on her musing of poor me and look what I can do comments. Before you actually take a stance on a topic, educate yourself on all of the information then feel free to comment. Women as Mariners? Absolutely!!! In cases of analytical decisions depending on the conditions, women trump men with complete and direct decision making skills. Mechanically, most women take time to look at additional detail in the task at hand. However…when spitting useless babble about nothing less than “poor me!!”, you get what’s coming to you. Same goes for men

Fair enough…subject dropped. Happy Holidays!

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175949]Cajaya, please stop. I’ve never in my 20 years in this industry seen someone as selfish and self serving as you young lady. That’s the whole point of THIS thread or I have completely missed the boat on the actual point. When you have at least 10 years under your keel, then you may comment to a point where I will listen to you but until then, take some friendly advice…ears open, mouth shut, and PROVE yourself with something other than words such as the verbal resume you ma’am, have touted recently[/QUOTE]You have completely missed the point of my thread, and thanks for suddenly pretending to not be a shitheel in order to vomit out some of that classic “On the contrary, good sir. You are being most obdurate. You must understand that when I referred to a vexing acquaintance as a ‘sissy fag,’ it was with the utmost respect and fraternal love for my deeply-valued homosexual colleagues. I honestly do not see how a reasonable person could see it otherwise, and you have behaved most uncivilly in your ignorance” crap.

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175953]There is a solid difference between sailing with respectable Mariners and those who cry out when breaking the gender barriers and witnessing the adverse reactions and discrimination based purely on what’s between that individuals legs.[/QUOTE]

This sentence doesn’t make any sense within the context of what you are trying to say. Happy holidays.

Cajaya, I think that person has a crush on you…j/s haha!

This is better than daytime TV!!! Where’s the popcorn!!??

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=cajaya;175957]This sentence doesn’t make any sense within the context of what you are trying to say. Happy holidays.[/QUOTE]

You figure it out, please let the rest of us know.

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175953]You sir, actually think I am lumping a whole class of mariner into one photo and/or comment? Wow! As a matter of fact, I have had the pleasure and HONOR of sailing with and under women who you sir or ma’am, clearly could not hold a candle to based solely on the above statement! [/QUOTE]
Based on what above statement? I think it is a possibility that YOU sir, may have some wires crossed “upstairs”…if you get my point i.e. “the lights are on but nobody’s home”.

[QUOTE=Semiautomatic3716;175953]
As a matter of fact, I have had the pleasure and HONOR of sailing with and under women who you sir or ma’am, clearly could not hold a candle to.
[/QUOTE]
You are probably right. I have sailed with union unlimited chiefs that were female that were very experienced, knowledgeable and smart and I am not yet anywhere near that level and probably can’t hold a candle to them. I also don’t have a chief unlimited license. That is kind of a requirement to be in charge of a whole big operation when you cant call any one for help.

It sounds like you haven’t sailed on a workboat in recent days. They are a joke. Wipers think they are chiefs because they work on their car at home and because their buddies with the chief, cooks think they are the first officer because hey are having an affair with the captain.
The majority of the engineers are a joke. I did meet one female academy grad working the night watch. She didn’t know what a coupling was when I went over there to ask for parts. She handed me a union fitting and asked if that was a coupling. Anyone who goes to work there learns from whoever is there…which apparently in most cases is not much!

If I speak of simple things, it is because it was the simple things that astounded me. i.e. The TLI system hasn’t worked for two years…but no one bothered to check/replace the batteries in the UPS or unplug it from the UPS and plug it into the wall?? Really??? 2 Years???

Also, at most professional operations, someone telling someone to back off if they are indeed out of line is acceptable. Actually, I have never even had to to have that conversation with someone prior to working in the GoM. And that would be 7 years.

Yea, I couldn’t hold a candle next to a 1st of chief unlimited regardless of their gender. I would say most people could learn to run a work boat considering what is required within a few months.

Cajaya, is it even worth the effort explaining your stance? Worst I’ve seen is you are alittle long winded, but justified…