Testing time

went and tested last week. I passed all my 90 percenters. Now all is left is my 70 percent test. Hopefully will knock them out soon. Now I am studying all the books Capt Bruce gave me at fletcher and the Hawspipe study guide on my computer. Any input you guys have for passing my 70 percent test will be helpful. Thanks:D

[QUOTE=skinny stick;70105]
went and tested last week. I passed all my 90 percenters. Now all is left is my 70 percent test. Hopefully will knock them out soon. Now I am studying all the books Capt Bruce gave me at fletcher and the Hawspipe study guide on my computer. Any input you guys have for passing my 70 percent test will be helpful. Thanks:D[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a good handle on the job at hand.

Good luck!

I thought you had to pass them all on the same day? Can you split them up now?

Pretty sure you can take them in any order you want and the only stipulation is that you must take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

have to take all moduals in at least the first 3 days of testing. Then the ones you fail you have 90 days and 2 more chances to pass. Yes i failed my 70 percent test on the first sit. I did not even study for them, I wanted to knock out my 90 percent and go from there

[QUOTE=skinny stick;70116]have to take all moduals in at least the first 3 days of testing. Then the ones you fail you have 90 days and 2 more chances to pass. Yes i failed my 70 percent test on the first sit. I did not even study for them, I wanted to knock out my 90 percent and go from there[/QUOTE]

I think you mean you you have to take the modules one after the other. If you have 9 modules (Chief Mate/Master AGT) for example, you don’t have to do all 9 in three days. You have to take 2 a day, and test each day until you complete all 9 modules (5 days).

i guess so but we are in the 500 ton thread so thats why i said that,because there are 6 modules

Rules are first, then you decide what module order you want.

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain.

Ahhh. Guess I should see what the sub forum is first…

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;70112]I thought you had to pass them all on the same day? Can you split them up now?[/QUOTE]

You can take the modules in any order you want, provided you indicate your preference when you schedule the appointment. If you haven’t scheduled the order in advance, you get them in the default order of how they appear in the NMC exam guide. You ghave to take at least two per day, and have to take the entire exam on consecutive days.

Get comfortable with CFR’s, and other books in test room. You can find most info in them on the 70% tests provided you can navigate them somewhat proficiently.

Seven modules if you are sitting for oceans, so still more than three days.