Testing if this thing is on

very confused

[QUOTE=c.captain;163346]very confused[/QUOTE]

Well, I can read you and see you online, so must be working :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=smoker;163348]Well, I can read you and see you online, so must be working :)[/QUOTE]

I can start a new thread but can’t reply to an existing one nor can I edit my own post. I also can’t use the “new posts” button anymore. What a mess!

• Updated - - -

so what other problems are people having with the forum on their home computers let alone on their handheld devices?

• Updated - - -

being dazed and confused really SUCKS! Now I know why old farts like me abhor anything to change…

[QUOTE=c.captain;163349]I can start a new thread but can’t reply to an existing one nor can I edit my own post. I also can’t use the “new posts” button anymore. What a mess!

• Updated - - -

so what other problems are people having with the forum on their home computers let alone on their handheld devices?

• Updated - - -

being dazed and confused really SUCKS! Now I know why old farts like me abhor anything to change…[/QUOTE]

I sent a pm to injunear, thinking it’d save me a trip to the SIU Hall, and my sent folder does not show that message. Oh well, guess I’ll make a fast trip to the hall :frowning:

[QUOTE=c.captain;163349]I can start a new thread but can’t reply to an existing one nor can I edit my own post. I also can’t use the “new posts” button anymore. What a mess!

• Updated - - -

• Updated - - -

being dazed and confused really SUCKS! Now I know why old farts like me abhor anything to change…[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more. The new site is bad on a computer and close to impossible on an iPhone.

I agree. Not friendly or intuitive.

what a bleeding shame…

• Updated - - -

the sad thing is that I tried to contract Mike Schuler this morning about all this and got an out of office reply saying he isn’t back till the 8th…

oh well, one hell of a way to run a railroad

No real probs yet on my laptop using Chrome on Windoze Hate

But the android phone…fughetaboutit

Everything pretty much great on my end. Maybe a new thread will help get your point across. The 1st 3 hasn’t work so maybe start a 4th. Using phone now, laptop is even faster.

I’m not having any problems on my iphone.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;163374]I’m not having any problems on my iphone.[/QUOTE]

The iphone app always seemed to work well.

I can see the mobile-friendly version on my android. maybe I’ll try that for awhile.

[QUOTE=catherder;163381]I can see the mobile-friendly version on my android. maybe I’ll try that for awhile.[/QUOTE]

Well my Android device cannot display the forum in any way that is user friendly and now as of this morning even viewing the forum with Firefox is totally effed up. Next someone is going to say to use Chrome but I FUCKING HATE Chrome and won’t use it.

[QUOTE=c.captain;163395]Well my Android device cannot display the forum in any way that is user friendly and now as of this morning even viewing the forum with Firefox is totally effed up. Next someone is going to say to use Chrome but I FUCKING HATE Chrome and won’t use it.[/QUOTE]

Then don’t use it; what can I say? I like FF but it is still a memory hog. To each their own. I’m sure John will get it straight.

You have an android what’s your issue with chrome they are made by the same people? It works fine on all my devices what’s your beef with using iPhone/safari? I figure you would fully support a left coast company run by a gay fella even if he is from Alabama.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;163417]You have an android what’s your issue with chrome they are made by the same people? It works fine on all my devices what’s your beef with using iPhone/safari? I figure you would fully support a left coast company run by a gay fella even if he is from Alabama.[/QUOTE]

alright, if it makes participating on this forum easier then I will try it again.

• Updated - - -

so just tried it and guess what? SAME EFFING PROBLEMS!

BAH!

[QUOTE=c.captain;163418]alright, if it makes participating on this forum easier then I will try it again.

• Updated - - -

BAH![/QUOTE]

i’m getting screen freeze ups, that clear after about 30 seconds, on my iPad. i’ve just started posting again after taking a break, but if this what its going to be like on wifi, i cannot imagine how bad its going to be on cell service.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=c.captain;163418]alright, if it makes participating on this forum easier then I will try it again.

• Updated - - -

BAH![/QUOTE]

i’m getting screen freeze ups, that clear after about 30 seconds, on my iPad. i’ve just started posting again after taking a break, but if this what its going to be like on wifi, i cannot imagine how bad its going to be on cell service.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;163420]i’m getting screen freeze ups, that clear after about 30 seconds, on my iPad. i’ve just started posting again after taking a break, but if this what its going to be like on wifi, i cannot imagine how bad its going to be on cell service.[/QUOTE]

I am just going to be patient and trust John and Mike will sort this all out and get the forum back to working as it used to. I just hope that the process will be days and not weeks or longer? As things stand now, it just ain’t the same here as it used to be and I can see that many are not posting much if anything anymore. This is a shame but let’s give our guys a chance to make it right.

I only use the I phone app. Occasionally I’ll be on a computer to pull up gCaptain. Android system has too many options on their OS. They lost me as a customer in 2011. Back when the Galaxy III was a big deal.

Currently on WIFI and it’s working fine. Even in Spain.

[QUOTE=c.captain;163422]I am just going to be patient and trust John and Mike will sort this all out and get the forum back to working as it used to. I just hope that the process will be days and not weeks or longer? As things stand now, it just ain’t the same here as it used to be and I can see that many are not posting much if anything anymore. This is a shame but let’s give our guys a chance to make it right.[/QUOTE]

I’m posting from home, myself. I’ve been home slightly longer than a week.

[QUOTE=Swampfox;163423]Currently on WIFI and it’s working fine. Even in Spain.[/QUOTE]

all I know is that with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome the forum is still not working for me as it used to. I still cannot look at New Posts to see what is fresh here and instead have to go through each category individually which sucks