Moderators

Moderators? We don’t need no stinkin’ moderators.

Not on this “form”.

I guess right in the middle of posting a reply, SafetyFirst quit and ran away.

I second c.captains Stephen Fry quote.
Life at sea and membership on gCaptain ain’t for the faint hearted.

hear, hear…well stated sir…very well stated indeed!

harrumph!

[QUOTE=seadog!;77151]Moderators? We don’t need no stinkin’ moderators.

Not on this “form”.

I guess right in the middle of posting a reply, SafetyFirst quit and ran away.

I second c.captains Stephen Fry quote.
Life at sea and membership on gCaptain ain’t for the faint hearted.[/QUOTE]

Moderators??? I thought that is what the pointy stick was for.

Without moderators you would still be bashing my thread you see it works I guess no one won.
Thanks

[QUOTE=SafetyFirst;77164]Without moderators you would still be bashing my thread you see it works I guess no one won.[/QUOTE]

oh son…how did you grow up to be so little? Your momma must be proud!

besides we wouldn’t still be bashing your thread…we’d still be bashing YOU! You want another round so you can cry foul and demand we stop the pummeling again?

and now that you were daft enough to return here, please answer the bit about “in less than one watch”…hmmm? I think you got lucky earlier…think your luck can hold out a second time? Well do ya…PUNK!

[QUOTE=SafetyFirst;77164]Thanks.[/QUOTE]

oh no…THANK YOU!

[QUOTE=SafetyFirst;77164]Without moderators you would still be bashing my thread you see it works I guess no one won.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

what a ding a ling… ‘your’ thread? I don’t think so. It was pretty well ‘owned’ by a good round of scat from all. everyone won. When your name comes up alarm bells ring. How’s THAT working for ya? You may think the world revolves around your little orb, But others see the correct declination. P.S. It is no where near ya.

C.captain thinks he is a salty old school tough guy. Probably old but not tough … No more old scool tough guys since the greatest generation folks… not these 1960’s generation ex hippie wanna be. I quote from the classic Big Lebowski

And I quote "Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. (i.e. c captain) Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, ?   (c captain).

If we wanted a moderator we would go to a yacht forum.

[QUOTE=Jbird;77172]C.captain thinks he is a salty old school tough guy. Probably old but not tough … No more old scool tough guys since the greatest generation folks… not these 1960’s generation ex hippie wanna be. I quote from the classic Big Lebowski

And I quote "Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. (i.e. c captain) Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, ? (c captain).[/QUOTE]

to my fine cadet Jbird…I genuinely don’t think you realize what an immense compliment you have paid me just now…

I thank you most humbly with sincere gratitude…you are too kind (somewhat lost on a strange lonely outer planet but kind nonetheless)!

The Dude: Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don’t know about you but I take comfort in that. It’s good knowin’ he’s out there. The Dude. Takin’ 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

The Dude abides (most…but not little putz keedeties) and just when I thought all the fun had gone away here today!

Ha ha too funny!!

I guess I just don’t get it.

Tough guy? What, is he gonna reach through a monitor and bitch slap somebody?

c.captain is a character, usually a pretty funny one.

When sailors start bustin’ each others balls, watch out!!
Especially if they’re shipmates, then it can really get rough.

Most of us have been around long enough to know the kustums on dis here form.
Most on here are gCaptain shipmates in a sense.

If a FNG presents themselves well, they will be treated well.
If one comes aboard and acts like an idiot…it’s ball bustin’ time.

OH, OH, Mr. Moderator! Can we have a sticky thread to just post Big Lebowski quotes…pleeeeze? They are all such treasures! Just like the potato chips, nobody can post just one!

Walter Sobchak: Those rich fucks! This whole fucking thing… I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that this fucking strumpet…
The Dude: I don’t see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.
Walter Sobchak: Well, there isn’t a literal connection, Dude.
The Dude: Walter, face it, there isn’t any connection.

Walter Sobchak: Were you listening to The Dude’s story, Donny?
The Dude: Walter…
Donny: What?
Walter Sobchak: Were you listening to The Dude’s story?
Donny: I was bowling.
Walter Sobchak: So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know…
The Dude: (interrupting) Walter, Walter, what’s the point, man?
Walter Sobchak: There’s no reason - here’s my point, dude, there’s no fucking reason why these two…
Donny: Yeah, Walter, what’s your point?

Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh… a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh… uh, my briefcase.
Younger Cop: [expectant pause] In the briefcase?
The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.
Younger Cop: And what do you do, sir?
The Dude: I’m unemployed.

I mean where does a man stop!

What is it with generation “y” or millennials that makes them want to wussify everything? Some of these kids show up for crew change wearing designer skinny jeans. When did it become socially acceptable for a grown man to go get a manicure and a pedicure? Why is it you have to coddle young “men” to a degree just shy of having a group hug? I’m a grown man I don’t have to be nice to everybody if I don’t want to.

Cap, if we could just get the Mods to create a button which says,“You’re out of your element. Donny!”

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;77192]What is it with generation “y” or millennials that makes them want to wussify everything? Some of these kids show up for crew change wearing designer skinny jeans. When did it become socially acceptable for a grown man to go get a manicure and a pedicure? Why is it you have to coddle young “men” to a degree just shy of having a group hug? I’m a grown man I don’t have to be nice to everybody if I don’t want to.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know Fraq…I just don’t know where these little putzes have come from with their attitudes but I am finding it truly irksome to say the least. I haven’t had a cadet on a ship for a long time but some turd mates I’ve had were a true effort to be endured and on a few occasions, I have had to unholster the pointy stick! Came on the bridge once in the shipyard with it filled with technicians commissioning the DP and safety systems and what was this punk doing…fucking-off on his Facebook page completely oblivious to everything going on around him. .This little darling was making $90 grand a year and couldn’t be bothered to get involved to learn the systems of his ship. Sent me right into apoplexy that did!

How am I supposed to keep up with this stuff? I mean honestly. I could spend all day sifting through posts. This forum has always been relatively self-policed. If something is that out of line or spam hit the report button. c.captain does it. One thing I would really love is people to stay on topic. Getting off topic is a pet peeve of mine and everyone should be mindful that getting off topic is not constructive at all.

Btw I deleted that last moderation just to flex some muscle. My reasoning… “I’ll show you moderation”.

[ATTACH]2157[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Mikey;77195]Btw I deleted that last moderation just to flex some muscle. My reasoning… “I’ll show you moderation”.[/QUOTE]

Curses…foiled again by the MAN!

[QUOTE=Mikey;77195]One thing I would really love is people to stay on topic. Getting off topic is a pet peeve of mine and everyone should be mindful that getting off topic is not constructive at all. [/QUOTE]

I get to protest here Mike…there was no topic this morning to stay on. I mean tell me if there was but I saw no topic in the original post other than to criticize the forum as a whole not being to the civil enough to the liking of a certain individual who was making his very first sqweak here. Even I was not the first to call the individual out so I am not alone in the belief that he was not in keeping with the spirit of the forum. In many respects, he was tossing a bomb into the fray and could be said to have been the one without civility. If you force us to be endlessly polite and never ruffle a person’s delicate sensitivities then this forum will decline rapidly. I do not believe I am wrong in saying that I am not the only one who will feel the discourse here will be badly hurt as a result. We are seamen afterall…

Now can we discuss that “Big Lebowski” sticky thread?

Donny: Are these the Nazis, Walter?
Walter: No, Donny, these men are nihilists. There’s nothing to be afraid of.

Yup…we’re definitely going to need that sticky thread…

Walter: That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
The Dude: Fuckin’ A.
Donny: And this guy peed on it.
Walter: Donny, please.