Sunglasses: to Polarize or not to Polarize

I am in the market for new prescription sunglasses and am wondering if anyone has any god arguments for or against polarization. I get tired of that weird distortion on the wheelhouse glass you see with polarized glasses and I’m tired of the glasses reacting to monitor screens. Is the glare difference really that drastic? I haven’t used non polarized sunglasses in a very long time so I really don’t know if I need polarized again.

Costa Delmar 580 lenses & they are polarized

I’m probably going to stock with Wiley-X and I’m going with P17 this time. I’m just not sure if I should polarize or not. I can think of a lot of reasons to not and only one in favor so I an asking opinions on how much good polarization actually does. (I don’t fish so seeing into the water is unimportant.)

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;83092]I’m probably going to stock with Wiley-X and I’m going with P17 this time. I’m just not sure if I should polarize or not. I can think of a lot of reasons to not and only one in favor so I an asking opinions on how much good polarization actually does. (I don’t fish so seeing into the water is unimportant.)[/QUOTE]

I sport just THAT model and I have them polarized which is big help when I am on the water. Been wearing Wileys since 2004. FABULOUS specs.

I’ll second that. Best investment you can make

75% of my crew wears Costa del Mars with the 50 lenses…

On the Costa 580s is there a big difference between the glass and plastic besides the price?

I got my eyes lazered a month ago and I ordered a pair of Costas. The difference between non polarized and regular sunglasses is amazing!!

I am not a fan of WH window distortion and black instrument screens. But I have yet to get non-polarized sunglasses. Old habits die hard. I wind up avoiding wearing sunglasses on watch. Try the non-polarized and tell us you think.

1 Like