Stcw

What are the new Stcw roll out classes?

For what specifically?

Wow, winner of the “vaguest question” award.

1 Like

stcw, duh. That thing you need.

Yeah, everyone knows you need your STCW-95 to work past the boundary line.

Besides your MMC you need a TWIC and STCW-95.

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;180265]What are the new Stcw roll out classes?[/QUOTE]

is this the “roll out” you are referring to because there is no rapper going by the name STCW

//youtu.be/t21DFnu00Dc

YO DOG! I need more BLING!

are you talking about the manila amendments? A few of our classes at CMA have changed because of that. Off the top of my head there is a leadership class needed by January 1 17. Also if you are above 60N or 60S you need a polar navigation class. off the top of my head thats the best i can do. Maybe JD Cavo can do better

This is for all deck officers are towing vessels ?

[QUOTE=cali deckie;180294]…Maybe JD Cavo can do better[/QUOTE]

Nope. Way too vague.

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;180300]This is for all deck officers are towing vessels ?[/QUOTE]

If you’re already licensed the Google “STCW gap closing” and you should find the classes you need to maintain your license.

I know the Ice requirement is international of some sort but i do not know who organization. The leadership is STCW i believe. If you can be a little more detailed in what you are looking for these people here know quite a bit

yeah I get it vague question, I hold a mate of towing near coastal ,ab unlimited , and just hear of this “roll out” and wanted to know what u needed and what does and does not apply to me

do you have OICNW? Better yet tell us exactly what you have on your international endorsement page and the Roman numeral things.

no I don’t

So unless you have OICNW you really don’t need any Stcw “gap closing” courses, unless you go get OICNW, which at that point would be requirements to get it rather than to keep an existing endorsement.

That’s Unless I’m missing something and drastically incorrect???

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;180320]yeah I get it vague question, I hold a mate of towing near coastal ,ab unlimited , and just hear of this “roll out” and wanted to know what u needed and what does and does not apply to me[/QUOTE]

Still pretty vague. What do you need it for?

If you are a mate on a towing vessel on an international voyage other than to Canada, you will probably need STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Security training, and an endorsement as “officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch.” Basic training is a week long course, Proficiency in Survival Craft is 3 to 5 days. OICNW is assessments, and courses. Details on OICNW are here.

It’s not a “roll out.” The above has been true (with the exception of security training) since 2002.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;180327]It’s not a “roll out.” The above has been true (with the exception of security training) since 2002.[/QUOTE]

It sounds like he’s referring to the gap closing courses but since he doesn’t have OICNW, or any other STCW officer endorsements, then those don’t apply to him.

To the OP, if you ever think you might want to upgrade your license you should try to do it ASAP. After 2016 it becomes much more expensive and time consuming (many more classes) to get OICNW.

I wast told vspdsd vso and these stcw roll out or courses whatever it maybe was required to sail as mate for Crowley , that’s why I’m asking for info

you need everything jcavo said. The gap closing classes are only to maintain OICNW. You need OICNW to begin with for those classes to matter. Without OICNW they won’t matter whether you have them or not.

ok so I need to start with OICNW