Shipping News revived

Wallenius Wilhelmsen takes RoRos out of layup on improved market sentiments:

PS> These ships carries not just cars, but all kinds of rolling stock and project cargoes on MAFI Trailers.

Ice conditions in North Chinese ports worsening:

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/ice-conditions-at-northern-chinese-ports-increase-shipping-risks/#:~:text=Worsening%20ice%20conditions%20at%20China’s,due%20to%20record%20low%20temperatures.

I presume when they say “Great Lakes Bulker” it doesn’t means trading only on the Great Lakes.

Doesn’t look anything like this:

Nothing remains the same in shipping:
A Shifting Refinery Landscape Could Lead to New Tanker Routes | Hellenic Shipping News Worldwide.

The “Great Lake” ships being built are along the lines of Seawaymax ships that have a LOA and beam of limitation to fit through the canal locks of the St. Lawrence Seaway. This will allow them to get through the locks and sail in the Great Lakes.

The ships Navibulgar are building have a LOA of 190M and a beam of 23.7M.

Contrary to reports Maersk is not selling out of container manufacturing:

New regulations for transport of dangerous goods on Yangtze River:
News: China - Yangtze River Protection Law - News and Commentary - Knowledge Centre - Risk Management - Standard Club.

Fewer and fewer big players in container shipping:

20th Febr. is the date when the annual P&I insurance premiums fall due.
All the 8 leading P&I Clubs report a good year in 2021:

Short Sea shipping is possible in Canada:

Doesn’t say if the ship is flying Canadian flag though. (??)

According the Doornekamp brochure on their website they intend to be Canadian flag.

Doornekamp Lines Logistics Services - An Alternative

1 Like

Anything beyond short term temporary deployment in Canada requires Canadian flag and Canadian mariners.

Here is the ship now on charter:

Duration of charter period, or whether is is a Purchase/Hire Contract is not known.

Despite Suez incident and the pandemic, shipping is in the spot