Ship Services Los Angeles?

Has anyone had experiences with Ship Services out of Los Angeles?

I currently work for ship services and have a lot of experiences! What info are you looking for?

How are they do they pay well and aren’t they looking for Help?

Decent pay considering you go home everyday, but depends what your looking for. Some boats are nice others are not so. They have LA area ops and some boats up in the Santa Barbara channel. Not sure if they are hiring, but there seems to be a lot of turnover in LA.

Good place to start in the harbor.they run rigs, boom boats, etc. I believe once you make captain on your own, they bump you up in pay no matter if you’re a deckhand or captain.

[QUOTE=C.R_F;87415]Decent pay considering you go home everyday, but depends what your looking for. Some boats are nice others are not so. They have LA area ops and some boats up in the Santa Barbara channel. Not sure if they are hiring, but there seems to be a lot of turnover in LA.[/QUOTE]

Is that the IBU jobs?

The company is non-union as far as I know. Even in LA.

Good to hear they’re still around. I worked there in1993 part time while running a crew boat for Tidewater out of Seal Beach pier. Good people. Pay was 15/hr back then running the taxis around with a four hour min. on call work.

[QUOTE=C.R_F;87551]The company is non-union as far as I know. Even in LA.[/QUOTE]

Ship-Service was the name of the company. I didn’t even know the existense of that kind of name.
Thank you C.F_R