Hello everyone,
I am a first time poster and just wanted to get some quick thoughts. I have all my paperwork, (MMC, TWIC, Pasport, STCW-95) and have been aplying for OS jobs for a while now with no luck. I currently have no seatime so I know its kind of a crap shoot to find a job but just wanted some advice. Its been my dream for four years now to go out to sea. Im tired of the 12 hours a day back breaking grind and not having a life to barely bring home 2000 a month. Just putting some feelers out to see if anything comes up. Stay well and happy holydays.

Steven G. Robinson

Face to face is sooooo much better than sending an unsolicited resume.

Where are you located?

I know your right. Im located in San Francisco. Ive gone to the union halls and even voulentered to work for free on a few tug boats during my days off just to get some sea time and experience. But everyone just sorta looked at me like a scab crossing the union lines.

Lol ya don’t volunteer to work for free the union thugs don’t like that at all. I don’t know what kind of credentials you have but to get seatime for upgrading or experience try the ferrys there are a bunch out there. You can get a 100 ton and AB out of time on those boats.

Pretty much just OS and wiper. I never thought about the ferrys. Ill try and see they have a part time their just to get some experince and some time under my belt. Preciate the response.

Face to face is sooooo much better than sending an unsolicited resume.

Ferries in San Francisco are mostly union as well. Blue&Gold Fleet,Red&White Fleet, Golden Gate Ferry are all Inland Boatman’s Union. Hornblower Cruises and Alcatraz Cruises (which is operated by Hornblower) are non-union. Marine Express on Alameda is also non-union.

If you’re still interested come spring time you might want to take a trip to south Louisiana. Got the feeling that things are about to take off and just about any body will be able to find a job.

It sure seems that way! The rumor in the street is that everyone (OSV companies) is hiring!

[QUOTE=PR-9;59772]It sure seems that way! The rumor in the street is that everyone (OSV companies) is hiring![/QUOTE]

[B]FYI
[/B]
[I]“I’m an (AB) unlimited and in same boat. It’s dry. Even headhunter services have nothing going on”
[/I]

Are we talking about the same side of the street?

Ive gone to the union halls and even voulentered to work for free on a few tug boats during my days