"Server too Busy" Error Msg

I’ll loosen the setting some more… but make sure you are signing i to the forum because the threshold is much lower for registered users than guests.

Do we need to roust up some donations for more server-doo-hickies?

The problem is definitely slowing down the amount of posts. Hard to argue with someone when you keep getting cut off;)

I feel like I am being blocked or throttled by unknown entities. Tried several times today. Managed only a couple successful thread viewings.

[QUOTE=coldduck;126345]The problem is definitely slowing down the amount of posts. Hard to argue with someone when you keep getting cut off;)[/QUOTE]

This wouldn’t be a secretive effort by gCaptain staffers to civilize C.Captain, would it!?

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=justaboatdriver;126347]I feel like I am being blocked or throttled by unknown entities. Tried several times today. Managed only a couple successful thread viewings.[/QUOTE]

Must be the NSA feeling butt-hurt from their recent court decision!

Maybe Mr. Gary made a “donation” himself to gcaptain to slow down the servers to boost productivity on his boats.

Or to slow down his name being drug through the mud for not giving raises.

[QUOTE=coldduck;126352]Or to slow down his name being drug through the mud for not giving raises.[/QUOTE]

Well that may be true but I get the sense that the over-all tone on here about ECO is mostly positive. As far as raises go, it’s a sailor’s right and duty to complain about such things. I’d like to think that Missah Gary would begrudgingly agree with that statement.

Back to the Too Busy For You message … it is getting ridiculous. It is bad enough for an addicted member but if I were someone wanting to browse or join I wouldn’t bother anymore. Too busy too often.

Yep. Logged in, not logged in and even while logging in. I’m done

[QUOTE=brjones;126378]Yep. Logged in, not logged in and even while logging in. I’m done[/QUOTE]

Don’t give up yet. There are only about 30-40 frequent posters and gCapt can’t afford to lose it’s best members over stupid shit like this.

John - WTF? Your server obviously lacks the bandwidth to grow with your website. What does it take to move to a larger server? This should not be that difficult a fix. If money is the issue - many here are willing to pitch in. What do you need? Just ask.

No kidding. All of this oil patch money is burning a hole in my pocket. I’VE RUN OUT OF ROOM IN MY MATTRESS!

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;126380]Don’t give up yet. There are only about 30-40 frequent posters and gCapt can’t afford to lose it’s best members over stupid shit like this.

John - WTF? Your server obviously lacks the bandwidth to grow with your website. What does it take to move to a larger server? This should not be that difficult a fix. If money is the issue - many here are willing to pitch in. What do you need? Just ask.[/QUOTE]

Our kind kept the damn food on Britain’s tables against the horrors of the mighty wolf-packs for more than half a decade, we’ll damn well keep gCaptain’s servers open for business! Time to mobilize, boys! What can we do to help!?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;126403]Our kind kept the damn food on Britain’s tables against the horrors of the mighty wolf-packs for more than half a decade, we’ll damn well keep gCaptain’s servers open for business! Time to mobilize, boys! What can we do to help!?[/QUOTE]

fire a salvo of pointy sticks?

[QUOTE=c.captain;126411]fire a salvo of pointy sticks?[/QUOTE]

Right at some pea-brained videot techy exec who can donate some nice big fat servers for us kiddies to play on!

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;126380]Don’t give up yet. There are only about 30-40 frequent posters and gCapt can’t afford to lose it’s best members over stupid shit like this.

John - WTF? Your server obviously lacks the bandwidth to grow with your website. What does it take to move to a larger server? This should not be that difficult a fix. If money is the issue - many here are willing to pitch in. What do you need? Just ask.[/QUOTE]

It’s not just money… there is a bug somewhere in the server that we need to find and kill. I’m working on it.

We know you’re working hard John, and we appreciate the hell outtah ya. I tried to get Maine to invite you as this year’s commencement speaker but our academic dean is retiring so… you know how that goes. Anyway, thanks for working so hard for us, at least someone is. What would we do and where would we go to rant and complain without this place!? gCaptain has come to be my own “Cheers”. I come here, I talk to friends, sometimes I’m drunk, sometimes I’m sober, I rant, I debate, but most of all I enjoy every minute of it, server glitches and all.

Thank YOU, John.

I crew change in a few weeks, have fly swatter, will travel.

So, it appears that we have found the bug… has it been working better for you guys in the last24 hours?

[QUOTE=“john;126482”]So, it appears that we have found the bug… has it been working better for you guys in the last24 hours?[/QUOTE

YES…Thanks…