"Server too Busy" Error Msg

I got a bunch of server busy errors about ten minutes ago. It might be worth checking logs.

This is normal and has nothing to do with the app. Their server isn’t big enough to handle high volumes of traffic sometime. If it is a problem with the site they usually post something in the forums to let everyone know they will be going dark.

We’ve been getting a lot of traffic so I’m not surprised. You’re just getting the “server too busy”? That’s stage one server overload. I actually don’t see that being an admin. I’ll bug John.

I got it too, earlier this eve.

Happening again today when I try to run a new posts query.

I can understand the server running at capacity during normal peak hours, but today I logged on at 0400 EDT and got the busy signal.

That tells me the traffic is not coming from North America.

John, do you have a Sys Admin who can analyze the logs and figure out what’s going on? Maybe hire a developer to optimize the website. There are up to three things that can be going on: You have a crap load of readers (Google Analytics should be able to determine that for you, except it won’t count me because I’ve blocked it’s script from running on my computer), the site is not optimized and wasting processes, RAM, or IOs, or the server has been hacked.

Arrrrrrrgggg…

It’s happening way to often lately.

Happened again this morning. Left and came back in a couple of hours. Seemed to be ok then. Just don’t know enough about all the nuts and bolts of this problem. Last month, it was bad enough to keep me from visiting for almost two weeks. Whatever. Who is to blame?

Same thing again today, somewhere around noon Pacific time. It doesn’t seem to be happening much at night. If I had to guess I’d suspect that you are overloading the SQL database vBulletin uses. It can probably cache a query for listing posts for a forum but my query for new posts is taxing it to a degree that can’t be supported during peak loads. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk about troubleshooting, I was a DBA and infrastructure guy in another life.

Hey guys, trust me, this is definitely noticed on our end and we’re trying to figure out how to solve it. When it comes to server administration, that’s literally what John does all day long, every day. He says we need to upgrade to the cloud.

Will try to get you a status soon…

[QUOTE=screwdriver;125974]John, do you have a Sys Admin who can analyze the logs and figure out what’s going on? Maybe hire a developer to optimize the website. There are up to three things that can be going on: You have a crap load of readers (Google Analytics should be able to determine that for you, except it won’t count me because I’ve blocked it’s script from running on my computer), the site is not optimized and wasting processes, RAM, or IOs, or the server has been hacked.[/QUOTE] I can assure you it isn’t a hack and we have already optimized the hell out of the site including offloading many of the processes to the cloud… So the problem is the first one… we are pushing nearly 3 million pages per month per google analytics and sometimes over 1000 unique users are on the site at a single time. (and as you are aware GA doesn’t count nearly everyone). I did some work on the server yesterday an pushed the changes this morning so… [ATTACH]3808[/ATTACH] The problem is the traffic isn’t consistent… we get crazy peaks every few days.

I think you have an obligation to us to provide a toll free number to a counselor anytime we are unable to log on. I started a 6 am and by noon I was a quivering wreck. My greatest fear was that you enlisted the help from the company that handles Obama care. I wonder if that rehab place in Hawaii can wean me off of Gcaptain oh the horror

[QUOTE=rob;126177]Hey guys, trust me, this is definitely noticed on our end and we’re trying to figure out how to solve it. When it comes to server administration, that’s literally what John does all day long, every day. He says we need to upgrade to the cloud.

Will try to get you a status soon…[/QUOTE]

AH HELL! It’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a small quantity of very high explosives!

//youtu.be/Dgbe9Nx-fGU

Sometimes you just have to blow something to smithereens in order to rebuild it better than it was before…

isn’t about to be Knoo Yeres in da Bayoo again…kaboom y’all

This server too busy thing has become an all too frequent pain in the ass.

Happens to me everyday with the iPhone app. That’s why I don’t post too much anymore because it’s a PIA. But it’s free so…

It’s been really awful today … just about gave up trying altogether.

It sucks. I hope my employer doesn’t get used to me being productive at work.

It has become difficult to even read the forum on the sort of slow internet I usually have… Posting is close to impossible on slow internet.

The forum has gone pretty quiet lately. It must be because posting has become too difficult to bother with