Sea Time Reduction

this is almost as funny as the tough cowboy joke recently posted…

this doesn’t include airfare, nightly norwegian “company”, or booze…

i’d be willing to sit through DP ADV three times instead just on principle.

apparently i should quit going to sea and start my own DP school. anybody want to split an SBA loan with me?

Thank you for your e-mail regarding DP sea time reduction.

We have a seat available in week 2 (6.th-10[SUP]th[/SUP])
The price is approx. $ 7309.00 and lasts five days. There is no vat for courses.

We are also able to offer you an accommodation package. This costs $ 262.00 each night, and includes breakfast, transportation from the hotel to the course location and back every day, and lunch.

[B]Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS[/B]
Ladehammerveien 4, N-7141 Trondheim, Norway
www.smsc.no

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;122662]this is almost as funny as the tough cowboy joke recently posted…

this doesn’t include airfare, nightly norwegian “company”, or booze…

i’d be willing to sit through DP ADV three times instead just on principle.

apparently i should quit going to sea and start my own DP school. anybody want to split an SBA loan with me?

Thank you for your e-mail regarding DP sea time reduction.

We have a seat available in week 2 (6.th-10[SUP]th[/SUP])
The price is approx. $ 7309.00 and lasts five days. There is no vat for courses.

We are also able to offer you an accommodation package. This costs $ 262.00 each night, and includes breakfast, transportation from the hotel to the course location and back every day, and lunch.

[B]Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS[/B]
Ladehammerveien 4, N-7141 Trondheim, Norway
www.smsc.no[/QUOTE]

Do we learn nothing from our dealings with the Norwegians through the IMO? NEVER trust the Norwegians when it comes to the merchant marine. As small as the American fleet already is they’d sink the rest of it if they could. If you think that’s what mariners from other countries are paying when they go to that school then you are kidding yourself. Welcome to life as an American mariner on the international scale.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;122668]Do we learn nothing from our dealings with the Norwegians through the IMO? NEVER trust the Norwegians when it comes to the merchant marine. As small as the American fleet already is they’d sink the rest of it if they could. If you think that’s what mariners from other countries are paying when they go to that school then you are kidding yourself. Welcome to life as an American mariner on the international scale.[/QUOTE]

that maybe the case in Norway, but the same NI approved course in Rotterdam is $3400 for tuition. i’ve spent time in Norway on vacation and it is expensive, but not this much.