MPT for DP?

Any thoughts on MPT for DP courses?

They were 1k more than Beier and I self paid so I went with Maurice and learned how to order lunch and talk about cars and electronics. From my experience taking GMDSS and all the people I know that have taken classes at MPT I bet it’s a great program and you will learn if you give it a shot. Then again if you don’t like dealing with Brits you might want to stick with a class in LA.

Im hearing its $2500 for the class at MPT and Beier. I sent off an e-mail to Beier to check on pricing.

After looking at the hotel options in Belle Chase and Lauderdale it seems that Ft L has the better options plus the hotel I checked out has a shuttle to MPT and the airport whereas the Hotels in B.C. are far from the school and are actually more expensive and look like dumps. Im hoping the price is the same. I would rather go to Ft L than NOLA. Plus it would seem that flights are cheaper to Ft L than NOLA, and I would really like to not need a rental car to add on top of everything else.

Does anyone have any updated info to add?

You can stay with the Neptune Group in Lauderdale and pay weekly rates at $50.00 the night in a one room apartments. With kitchen and everything to cook. ( - food)
And you are 2 minutes walking distance to MPT.

Dont stay in hotels. A lot of options close to MPT.

Beier is $2000 with no discount at this time for paying out of your own pocket. So I guess if I decide to do this ill be going to MPT.

Now I have to decide. :confused:

The cash discount is done at Beier. Go to MPT

L3 in Houston is 1850. Brier Radio is 2000. Mpt is 2500. If you have taken previous courses at mpt you should ask for a discount

When it is all said and done with airfare hotel and meals MPT is a lot cheaper Stay at the Hyatt Place for $67 including airport shuttle MPT shuttle and breakfast. No rental car needed at mpt do not stay at comfort suites

Thats the plan. the Hyatt is a nice hotel. I have stayed there before. After I added it all up MPT was cheaper for me. I am going to call MPT and ask about discounts I took adv fire there.

MPT has better options. Especially if u like women drinking gambling strip clubs beaches blow etc. hah it’s blast down in Lauderdale. MPT is about 5 min from downtown. Ohhh don’t forget to get few hours studying in!

Im penciled in for one of the Sept DP classes at MPT, I have already talked to my relief about coming in a few days early for me. Now the hardest part is to decide if I really want to take this step or not. Its a lot of money to put out without a guaranteed return.

Investing in yourself is never a waste. You’re looking at it all wrong.

There are no guarantees in life.

I made my deposit, if I back out now ill lose it! I feel better now that I have made my decision.

Good for you! Whether it works out the way you think or not hindsight will almost always show it worked out for the best. Short term sacrifices for long term success is my mantra when it comes to classes.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;115694]Good for you! Whether it works out the way you think or not hindsight will almost always show it worked out for the best. Short term sacrifices for long term success is my mantra when it comes to classes.[/QUOTE]

Good post Rigdvr, thats what I was implying in that VSO thread. When I was trying to go the cheap way when studying for my mates lic. A guy told me " Dont short change yourself, think of it as investing in your future."

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=rigdvr;115694]Good for you! Whether it works out the way you think or not hindsight will almost always show it worked out for the best. Short term sacrifices for long term success is my mantra when it comes to classes.[/QUOTE]

Good post Rigdvr, thats what I was implying in that VSO thread. When I was trying to go the cheap way when studying for my mates lic. A guy told me " Dont short change yourself, think of it as investing in your future."

I am thinking of going for my basic DP. I currently am a 100 ton near coastal license holder looking to upgrade. I have FCC radio, Twic, and Radar endorsement also…what else do I need before I can take just the basic DP class? Also is it worth it to do so if I don’t work for a company with DP vessels? Will it be hard to move to a company that does have them so I can get my check out time and upgrade from the basic?

Once you have the basic class behind you, they will look better upon you because they can see that you are taking upon yourself to better yourself with or without outside help. It speaks volumes.

Im sitting here in my hotel room in Lauderdale. Class starts at 0900!

[QUOTE=“Bayrunner;119813”]Im sitting here in my hotel room in Lauderdale. Class starts at 0900![/QUOTE]

Sweeeeet!!!

The classroom is set up nice. I dont know how it compares to the others but I like this one.

What is L3 in Houston?? I went to Kongsberg in Houston & it was $2300 for basic & about the same for advanced.