M.P.T. any recommendations?

I see that M.P.T. is a sponsor of the site, but I see little reference to anyone using them. I am considering them for a Engineer test prep. class, but besides reading their website I know nothing about them. Can anyone recommend them?? Does anyone have experience using them?? Good? Bad? Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I went there for my deck prep med care and BRM and I thought they were good. I’ll be going back for more classes in the future.

I used them for adv. fire fighting. The class was well taught and you learned the material, not the test. My class was taught by a retired Broward firefighter and the practical stuff was at the Broward Fire Academy.

Their bread and butter is yachties so expect to be one of a few commercial mariners in your class.

There are a lot of yahtties. I did most of my classes for1600 and they are great

The yachties and the oil patch are both well represented at MPT. The quality is good (except for the Lifeboat training in Tampa). The long waiting line to register is an unnecessary pain in the butt. They have a deal with the Hyatt Place hotel for very nice rooms at only $69 per night, including breakfast, free shuttle from the airport and to school. MPT is reliable — if they schedule a class they run it, unlike many of the other schools.

its a well run school…other then the Monday morning mess.if you get there afew dayts before your class pick up your books and sign in then to avoid the trainwreck that is every Monday,yes,it is that bad. they do have a deal with 2 hotels which is reasonable,also,lots of cheaper hotels afew minutes south on rt 1 in Hollywood. the girls at the front desk know the requirements inside and and out and are a big help with any questions,ask them to proof your application if you have any questions and they are happy to help…

M.P.T. is a good school. I have taken four course and would go back if necessary. Although, I have heard mixed reviews from co-workers and friends, for me it was a matter of location and previous experiences there. As far as the test prep course goes, I don’t know man…I worked with two engineers that said it was unnecessary. I considered taking it as well but took the advice of friends, “know the material and most of all STUDY”. I studied for 4 weeks like it was my job and passed…If people have found it educational I might consider it when I upgrade to 3rd A/E.

MPT is does a far better job of license prep courses than the “continuing education” departments at any of the maritime academies. Also, MPT never cancels classes for inadequate enrollment (like the maritime academies do most of the time).

I may need a few more classes for an upgrade later this year.

Does anyone know of a better school than MPT?

What about Crawford?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;103298]MPT is does a far better job of license prep courses than the “continuing education” departments at any of the maritime academies. Also, MPT never cancels classes for inadequate enrollment (like the maritime academies do most of the time).

I may need a few more classes for an upgrade later this year.

Does anyone know of a better school than MPT?

What about Crawford?[/QUOTE]
Quality Maritime in Tampa is also an option, have taken several courses there, and think they are very knowledgeable and work hard to help a student (like myself) when struggling with a concept.

Be careful that you don’t get there and find out you have to buy $200.00 worth of books. Also make sure your hotel isn’t near the train tracks. They run all night long and blow the whistle constantly.

I don;t know about the engineering prep, but most people in my deck prep wouldn’t go back, But I hear the other courses are fine.

Stay at the courtyard Marriott on the beach. They H&R a deal with MPT.$85 per night… Can’t beat the beach walk every night! Only 20 min drive to the school.

So true. Both are good schools, Quality seems to give more one on one help if needed.