Differences between MPT and quality marine 500/1600 master prep class?

Ive noticed Quality is a 4 week course where MPT is a two and a half week class? Anyone know what the extra week and a half is covering at quality? Also anyone thats been through either the programs can I get you opinions how much they helped you? I will be getting my letter to test in the next week or two they are requiring a few more things currently I did get out of flashing lights though! Any opinions or suggestions are welcome!
Thanks!

Check on the level it is prepping you for. Management or operational. Also what else is included. Just check the lists for both schools and you should get a better idea. From my perspective Quality is by far the better. It includes [U]required[/U] classes not just the prep.

well im looking at quality marines 4 week class it doesnt include the certs for coastal or terrestrial but I believe its still taught to pass the terrestrial. Capt andrew did you go throught qualitys program?

I just took a look at the site. Yes you are looking at the option without the certs, but for a few more days you can get the certs and that would be good.

No, I have not done that course, but I have taken several classes there and find the “Quality” is good. The best of several schools I have used, including MPT which is also very good. Actually I have taken some of the classes that you normally do in prep. So I guess I have done half of it. I would like to find the time to do the whole thing and get it over with. Another factor for Quality is the cheaper accommodation versus Ft Lauderdale.

I have been to both schools MPT in Ft Lauderdale, as well as Quality Maritime in St. Peteersburg for different courses. And I have found Quality Maritime to be very thourough you will know whats up when you leave there! On the flip side MPT has a nicer facility and a cool simulator.
personally I will use QMT

yeah I have taken classes at MPT and been extremely impressed. I know MPT has a 98 percent pass rate after completing their prep class. I am just curious if there is something that quality will cover that MPT wont cover since there is a extra week at quality for there prep class.

George T. served with my father in the Navy…he is top notch…you will not leave there without knowing your stuff if he has anything to say about it. He started the first CG approved course, his original 100 ton courses included on the water training. He would be my first choice irrespective of price, unless you could go somewhere else 100% free of charge.

thanks everyone i am try and get into the quality marine classes hopefully its not full!

[QUOTE=orangejulius;54669]Ive noticed Quality is a 4 week course where MPT is a two and a half week class? Anyone know what the extra week and a half is covering at quality? Also anyone thats been through either the programs can I get you opinions how much they helped you? I will be getting my letter to test in the next week or two they are requiring a few more things currently I did get out of flashing lights though! Any opinions or suggestions are welcome!
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Why don’t yopu ask this of both schools. Their responses will hellp you assess their credibility and help you decide.

So, not to keep beating a dead horse…I started at Quality last October for all of my classes needed to upgrade to the 500 Oceans, including the prep course. I finished in late February/March. Took the exams in Miami, got the license.

I feel that George and James at Quality are some of the best instructors around. The study regiment is a bit repetitive at times, but they teach you what you need to solve any problems that may come up on the exam. They are both very sharp; they have several different ways to answer a question you may be stuck on. Not just, '“sorry, that is the way it is.” You have a couple different options at Quality, but the study material and individual tutoring is worth every penny.

I feel that George and James at Quality are some of the best instructors around.

James isnt there anymore He went back to sea.