MPT for DP?

L3 is a manufacturer of DP systems. Old Neutronix(sp).

[QUOTE=Capnklump;119847]What is L3 in Houston?? I went to Kongsberg in Houston & it was $2300 for basic & about the same for advanced.[/QUOTE]

Email Sherry. . sherry.mccard@L-3com.com

Why would I do that? I already have DP unlimited.

I just became a freshly minted Basic DP operator. Now I need to get a job on a DP boat.

[QUOTE=“Bayrunner;120172”]I just became a freshly minted Basic DP operator. Now I need to get a job on a DP boat.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Bayrunner! Good luck with the job hunt.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;120172]I just became a freshly minted Basic DP operator. Now I need to get a job on a DP boat.[/QUOTE]
what did you think of the exam?

Fwiw, MPT is adding classes as fast as they can. I’ve been trying to find an Advanced class that landed on my time off for the last few weeks and they were the only one with openings before next Spring…thanks to the other members for the posts on lodging.

It wassnt hard. If you read the books and the glossary they give you and pay attention you should have no problem with it.

I recommend the Hyatt Place. They have a special rate for the school and its a nice clean hotel. They have a shuttle bus if you dont want to rent a car and there are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance.

Good call on the Hyatt, the MPT Advanced class was a fun four days, picking up a new job at the end of the week made it even sweeter!

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;120228]I recommend the Hyatt Place. They have a special rate for the school and its a nice clean hotel. They have a shuttle bus if you dont want to rent a car and there are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance.[/QUOTE]

Did you find a DP job?

I did, left ECO for HOS.

Im heading down at the end of this hitch. Somewhere around Jan 29. I have resumes, documents, and application all printed out.

Best of luck!

Whatever you do don’t stay at smart move. The apartment there was fine but, the management is terrible I had to wait out side my room for 3 hours to just get in my room because the lock was broken. Then on the last day they rushed me out of there telling me someone was needing the room in a hour(news to me), while I’m taking a exam they call me and I had to spend my lunch time frantically packing.

I just recently went to MPT for Basic DP. The instructor was pretty fuckin’ awesome to say the least. He was thorough, knowledgable and really loves dynamic positioning as a whole. It was my first class at MPT. I will go back for Advanced DP when the time arrives. The equipment was top notch. It’s the system that ECO designed using ex Kongsberg engineers. Anyway, I highly recommend the class there at MPT to anyone looking for somewhere to train. And it was 85 degrees to boot…better than the NE winter crap I work in. Good luck.

Rubber mpt is using the MT dp system?

Yea they are. I took the class in Sept.

They sure are. Bayrunner went late last year to MPT and had great things to say about the class. So I followed his lead and attended as well. I’m glad I did. I found The MT DP system to be very user friendly. Of course I have no comparison as I am tugboat trash. Stay loose.

I hear ya man I’m converted tug boat trash haha. Worked in ny harbor for a few years after getting out of school, now I’m osv side with Chouest. Glad mpt got the systems we heard the rumors but this one is true.