Rumors

Way too much rumbling around port for there not to be a new rumor thread. Who wants to let it out…surely somebody will.

Your (insert company) is being sold “any day” and your day rate cut in half; if you don’t like it go elsewhere. I personally love that rumor and get it going anytime i can.

Stay standby, the ship may be sold anyday, so get your shit together…

I heard rigdvr has a thing for team leader and likes dragonflies.

Hiring freeze at (insert gov’t agency)! Nobody getting a foot in the door until Neptune gets his sex change operation and turns into Neptina.

Neptune already had his/her sex change and the name is Calypso! Don’t you watch Pirates of the Caribbean?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;108860]Neptune already had his/her sex change and the name is Calypso! Don’t you watch Pirates of the Caribbean?[/QUOTE]

Whaaa??? Now I’m afraid to. Is it on Netflix?

the Federal Government is changing MarAd to MarADD*…

*the Maritime Attention Deficit Disorder Administration

and the USMMA will become the USLMBA**

**United States Lousy Marching Band Academy

with a new Superintendent Rear Admiral of the Royal Fleet Kenneth R. Force, USLMBS***

***United States Lousy Marching Band Service

and funding for the new Academy is going to be increased to $200B a year!

CNOOC is seizing the Arctic energy assets of the US

in fact China is buying the US outright and seizing the assets of everything!

David Matsuda is resigning as the head of MarADD effective immediately and becoming Chief Propaganda Officer of the Chuck E, Cheese Corporation of Irving, Texas

the president is nominating Donald Trump to be the new head of MarADD

The Coast Guard has entered into a contract with Lockheed Martin to merge TWIC issuance with the testing and issuance of all Merchant Mariner Credentials

I am joining the Franciscan Order and will become a silent monk for the remainder of my days feeding little birdies and bunnies in the garden\

the rumor is that UniBlab has finally bested me and as a result I am turning my life towards solitude, contemplation and prayer in true love for my fellow man including Captain UniBlab who I now have infinite respect for.

that one should alone make the crankshaft spin a few extra turns…

Don’t be hating on the dragonflies! They are getting 800 a day. If they have RFPNW and a rigger card it’s double!

Prior to Captain Force’s appointment to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy as Director of Music in 1971, he was the Band Director of the Port Chester High School Band in Port Chester, New York. During his five years at Port Chester, the band rose in prominence and consistently won superior 6A ratings in concert music from the N.Y. State School Music Association. The groups also consistently won marching awards and remains the only high school band in America ever to be chosen to play for an actual performance of the Ringling Bros. Circus.

…wait, thats true!

[QUOTE=z-drive;108883]Prior to Captain Force’s appointment to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy as Director of Music in 1971, he was the Band Director of the Port Chester High School Band in Port Chester, New York. During his five years at Port Chester, the band rose in prominence and consistently won superior 6A ratings in concert music from the N.Y. State School Music Association. The groups also consistently won marching awards and remains the only high school band in America ever to be chosen to play for an actual performance of the Ringling Bros. Circus.

…wait, thats true![/QUOTE]

Oh sweet baby Jesus… Bring out the popcorn and booze, I know someone who’s going to have a field day with this one…

You ain’t read nothing yet…here’s the whole ting right here sans any embellishments or accoutrements by yours truly!

Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS

Captain Kenneth R. Force, USMS holds a BM, MM and 6th year Professional Diploma from the Manhattan School of Music. He has an additional Masters Degree in Counseling from the New York Institute of Technology. Captain Force’s distinguished musical career includes assistant first trumpet with the Radio City Music Hall Orchestra; numerous Broadway shows; the Master Virtuosi of New York; and numerous free-lance positions. In addition, he was a member of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Band under the legendary Merle Evans and the Clyde Beaty-Cole Bros. Circus Band.

Captain Force received his bandsman’s diploma from the U.S. Naval School of Music in Washington, D.C. and subsequently served as a cornet soloist with the First U.S. Army Band at Governors Island, New York. Several years later, he served as Bandmaster for the 42nd Infantry (Rainbow) Division Band and the 319th “Statue of Liberty” Army Reserve Band. Captain Force was appointed as a professional consultant to Columbia Artists Management for sever British Military Band tours of North America. He co-produced the “British Salute to the U.S. Bicentennial Tattoo” in Newport, RI which featured a cast of over 5,000.

Prior Experience

Prior to Captain Force’s appointment to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy as Director of Music in 1971, he was the Band Director of the Port Chester High School Band in Port Chester, New York. During his five years at Port Chester, the band rose in prominence and consistently won superior 6A ratings in concert music from the N.Y. State School Music Association. The groups also consistently won marching awards and remains the only high school band in America ever to be chosen to play for an actual performance of the Ringling Bros. Circus. After gaining fame in many tours and festivals, the Band was chosen in 1971 to march in the Tournament of Roses parade in Pasadena, California. Today former members of that band serve as music educators, department chairpersons, school principals and as professional playing musicians in major symphony orchestras throughout America.

Captain Force has written many articles on music for magazines and is also an arranger/composer. He was commissioned by the State of New York Bicentennial Commission to compose a Cantata for Chorus and Band based on the Inauguration of George Washington in 1789. He was subsequently commissioned by the State of New York, to compose a second Cantata based on the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., which received its premiere in 1986.

Captain Force is a prolific writer whose articles have appeared in “The Instrumentalist,” “Musical America,” “BD Guide,” and several other publications. He is the author of the book “British Band Concepts in America” and is frequently called on to give clinics and guest conduct throughout the U.S. and Europe. The NY Times called him “…a human encyclopedia of military ceremonial and musical data.” Amongst the Bands he has conducted are the US Marine Corps Band (The President’s Own), The Band of the Black Watch, The Band of Her Majesty’s Grenadier Guards and Her Majesty’s Welsh Guards, The Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines, and The Dutch Royal Military Band as well as numerous College, University, and High School All-State Festival Bands.

Captain Force currently serves as President of the Board of Directors for the World famous Goldman Memorial Band who’s home is at the Damrosch Park in the band shell at Lincoln Center in New York City. This professional band is the third oldest music organization in New York after the NY Philharmonic and the Metropolitan Opera Company. The Band recently celebrated its 83rd Anniversary of presenting free summer concerts to the citizens of New York. He also serves on the Board of the Gramacy Brass Band, a very active professional band that performs throughout the New York City area.

Honors

In 2002, Captain Force was made an honorary member of the Alumni of the Merchant Marine Academy (a rare occurrence). Also in 2002, the USDAN Center for the Performing Arts honored Captain Force with a lifetime achievement award, along with actor Alan Alda and Betty Allen, from the Metropolitan Opera. In presenting this award, Dale Lewis, Executive Director of the Center, referred to Captain Force as an “American treasure.” Dana Giona, Chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, cited him for his “…distinguished career as an outstanding musician and teacher representing a lifelong pursuit of excellence. I commend [him] for devoting [his] life’s work to one of the most soul-stirring of music’s genres - band music - and for [his] expertise as a composer, conductor and music historian. [I hope his] talents continue to inspire and uplift audiences for many years to come.”

In March 2004, Captain Force was elected to Honorary membership in the prestigious American Bandmasters Association which was founded by John Philip Sousa and Edwin Franko Goldman. (He is one of only eight individuals world-wide to hold that distinction.) In May 2004, he was presented with the Daughters of the American Revolution “Medal of Honor” for his dedication and service to the “Arts, Historic Preservation, and for his Patriotism.”

I bet UniBlab was the Regimental Band Drum Major when he went to KP…

I can just see his strutting around like a great big boner thinking he was “King Chicken” the whole time!

bluk, bluk, bluk!

[QUOTE=c.captain;108890]You ain’t read nothing yet…here’s the whole ting right here sans any embellishments or accoutrements by yours truly!

I bet UniBlab was the Regimental Band Drum Major when he went to KP…I can just his strutting himself thinking he was “King Chicken” the whole time![/QUOTE]

I’m still waiting on baited breath to hear your whole side of the story!

one must realize that we have ceased rumor mongering and have jumped back on to the Lampooning track

lam·poon
/lamˈpo͞on/

Verb
Publicly criticize (someone or something) by using ridicule or sarcasm.

Noun
A speech or text criticizing someone or something in this way: “does this sound like a lampoon of student life?”.

Synonyms
verb. satirize - eviscerate - disembowel - cut - bleed
noun. squib - satire - libel - blast - barb - put down

Still who’s splitting hairs here?

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;108891]I’m still waiting on baited breath to hear your whole side of the story![/QUOTE]

It’s all in the public record. I was tossed out of KP by none other than Captain (then a mere Lt.(jg)) Force for my out of tune tuba playing and my inability to highstep with when handling “my instrument” during formal reviews. The traumatic fallout of that horror remains with me to this day! Whenever I used to hear Sousa marches being played I’d go into a near suicidal melancholia wanting to destroy myself and everything around me. Lucky they have great meds these days for this condition and I am able to lead a relatively normal life although I have to use great care not to watch college bowl games or too many episodes of Monty Python’s Flying Circus in a row, but these are only minor symptoms and I am very happy to report that I have not killed anyone in months!

Yeah, but can he play the Badenweiler Marsch?? Gotta have something snappy to goose step to.