Chouest raises

Does anyone know what the new third, relief, and lead captain wages are for Chouest for non-anchor supply boats in GOM and/or Brazil? I hear that lead captain pay on the big anchor boats is 800, 775 for relief, and 750 for third, not sure about regular supply boats though.

[QUOTE=captmarcus;58946]Does anyone know what the new third, relief, and lead captain wages are for Chouest for non-anchor supply boats in GOM and/or Brazil? I hear that lead captain pay on the big anchor boats is 800, 775 for relief, and 750 for third, not sure about regular supply boats though.[/QUOTE]

That is not correct. That is for the unlimited vessels…top pay on anchor boats is $750…not sure about regular OSV.

Thanks anchorman. Good luck with your new endeavor. I start with Chouest soon as training captain, very excited about the opportunity to learn on so many different vessels, and such nice equipment. Just curious, the old anchor boat pay was 580, right?

[QUOTE=captmarcus;58949]Thanks anchorman. Good luck with your new endeavor. I start with Chouest soon as training captain, very excited about the opportunity to learn on so many different vessels, and such nice equipment. Just curious, the old anchor boat pay was 580, right?[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right.

How’s the pay at Chouest. And Otto Candies for Chief osv ,itc 3000 unlimited hp

Holy s#it will you look at all these posts? Maybe we should start a new forum, or sub-forum called “Pay Rates”. By looking in the “Professional Mariner Forum” today you might think that is was the “Edison Chouest Forum” Put this stuff somewhere else, so I can find some information that is actually useful…

Hi catfish it would be useful to me I have an interview next week at Otto candies it would be nice to know about there pay thank you

[QUOTE=captfish;58958]Put this stuff somewhere else,so I can find some information that is actually useful…[/QUOTE]

You know what is really cool about a mouse. Clicking is OPTIONAL, but you managed to hit every damn key on the keyboard in the process. Where do you suggest putting it? Where you want or where I think you should put it? Joke

There is a title to each thread within this forum. I don’t read every one and I doubt many do. So, don’t.

[QUOTE=anchorman;58963]Where do you suggest putting it? There is a title to each thread within this forum. I don’t read every one and I doubt many do. So, don’t.[/QUOTE]

Whoa now…don’t get the wrong idea, my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. I [I][B]do[/B][/I] find this topic interesting, which is why I clicked on it in the first place. I was just pointing out that there are currently two or three active threads in this forum alone about pay raises (specifically in the GoM), with much of that discussion about ECO. In fact, I think that information about pay and benefits are so important, that I suggested that topic have its own sub-forum, under “Marine Employment”, or in “Offshore” category.

Im new to this sorry that I put it in the wrong spot

One one of the threads, I believe “Pay raises are coming”, someone put what Candies is paying.

[QUOTE=CaptRob1;59004][B][U]One one[/U][/B][B][U] of the threads, I believe “Pay raises are coming”, someone put what Candies is payin[/U][/B]g.[/QUOTE]

That South Lafourche Education really paid off. You’re starting to sound like the genius master P and “He raises are good”

[QUOTE=Sukker;59006]That South Lafourche Education really paid off. You’re starting to sound like the genius master P and “He raises are good”[/QUOTE]

You know you good when you the only Master in the world will a DP scanner on your vessel.

[QUOTE=towboatchief;59002]Im new to this sorry that I put it in the wrong spot[/QUOTE]

I meant no ill feelings towards you, my friend. Good luck with your job interviews!

I’ve been confirmed the Chouest pay rates for the 280’s which is for the Master & Chief 650 per day, Reliefs 625 per day and 3rds 600 per day. But no one has been able to tell me what the 240’s will be making. All I hear is that there will be a difference. I work here in Brazil and have no control to what boat they put me on each time I fly down. I have a license that would let me work on much bigger vessels and this hitch I’m on a 240’ and last hitch I was on a 190’.

The 190’s and 240’s will pay $50/day less than the 280’s. So as Master or Chief Engineer on a 240’, you will make the same as third man on a 280’. Working in Brazil, you will continue to make an extra $20/day over these posted rates. Even with the raise, your Brazilian mates and engineers will still make more $$ working 6 mo./yr than you will if you work the same 1/1 schedule.

The new pay scale tied to “vessel class” was least generous to the 200 Ton Masters on the Chouest crewboats working in foreign waters. The Chouest crewboats in Brazil & Africa require 200 Ton licenses, whereas in the US, the same boats are run by 100 Ton Masters. With this new system, the crewboat captains in Brazil, therefore, only received a $10/day boost in pay.

When did this new vessel class raises come out? The only paper work I seen said OSV and nothing about the size of it. Is this something new other than what they sent to the boats in November for the raise that went into effect December 1 st? I’m on a 280’ but would like to know if something new has come out. Something was suppose to be in the works for what vessel you work and license you hold from what others have told me.

The new pay scale tied to “vessel class” went into effect 01 December, so should be reflected on the paycheck due in a few days. As far as I know, it will be paid according to the vessel you earned your pay on, not the largest vessel you have worked in the past, so power230 will be happy - Warchild, not so much…

[QUOTE=aCaptain;59414]The new pay scale tied to “vessel class” went into effect 01 December, so should be reflected on the paycheck due in a few days. As far as I know, it will be paid according to the vessel you earned your pay on, not the largest vessel you have worked in the past, so power230 will be happy - Warchild, not so much…[/QUOTE]

aCaptain is correct. It is according to what class of vessel you work on at that time. As someone had pointed out, if a person has a Master U/L and works on a crewboat or a 240’, they will get that class of boat pay.

I understand the vessel class. That’s why we have so many DDE 4000 not upgrading. No point in upgrading if you get nothing for it. However a DDE unlimited with C/E OSV can not bring a vessel over seas since its a domestic license only for example. Therefore from office personnel said they would pay for the type of license as well as vessel. That’s what I heard but it was suppose to take place around the beginning of the year after this first raise.