HOS BEIGNET- no joke

[FONT=Helvetica]I thought They were joking when I heard Hornbeck was naming their new super 240s after food. but hey, no complaints here. I love all that stuff.

[/FONT]here is the first one:
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1796585

Hos Begwhat?

No idea what your talking about so I had to google Beignet. It’s a Friggin French Pastry.

This Connecticut Yankee kid is going to have to take a class in remedial Southern if he ever wants to work in the Gulf.

original artical by Tim Colton’s Maritime Memos

http://www.coltoncompany.com/

"Hornbeck Loves Cajun Cooking

They’ve changed the names of the six 200-foot ex-SeaMar boats which are being lengthened by Bollinger. The HOS North is now the HOS Beignet and the HOS Davis is now the HOS Boudin, while the HOS Byrd will become the HOS Bourré, the HOS Hope will become the HOS Cayenne, the HOS St. James will become the HOS Coquille and the HOS St. John will become the HOS Chicory. Isn’t that nice? April 16, 2013."

This makes me hungry!

Imagine the public outrage if we named a northeast ATB the pizza, cheesesteak, or hotdog?

“ATB Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread bowl, I’d like to overtake you on stbd side.”

Ayyyyyyy pastafazool, I’ll see you on TWO!

Ayyy this is the beef brazzhole back to the pastafazool, fuhgeddaboutit!

I want to work on the HOS Biscuits 'N Gravy.

How about lefse or lutefisk?

[QUOTE=CaptDag;108195][FONT=Helvetica]I thought They were joking when I heard Hornbeck was naming their new super 240s after food. but hey, no complaints here. I love all that stuff.

[/FONT]here is the first one:
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1796585[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the “Boudin” came out first. She’s going out for sea trials first, anyway.

At 240’, that is one long sausage.

I work there and I thought it was a gag as well. Then one day I was in our warehouse at HOS Port and saw a pallet of supplies with the name beignet attached. I was like oh wow that wasn’t a rumor, nobody’s gonna have fun with that on the radio.

actually, I love Beignets but now HOS needs the following in their fleet

HOS Possum Pie
HOS Cajun Frog Legs
HOS Smothered Nutria Cajun Style
HOS Blackened Gator
HOS Feral Hog Backstrap
HOS Sally’s Armadillo Something or Other
HOS Deep Fried Swamp Snake
HOS Walmart Brand TV Dinner
HOS Road Kill Casserole

and my personal favorite

HOS Unbelievably Immense Quantities of Deep Fried High Cholesterol Fat Laden Food Served in a Big Trough at the Golden Corral on Friday Night to People From New Iberia with No Teeth and Asses Six Feet Wide!

yummie!

I swear to God that this photo is the actual living human versions of the characters from Squidbillies!

It is simply mindblowing to me how many tiny brained humanoids there are out there who edify the stoopidest people imaginable…as bad as Honey BooBoo and the Snooki!

How much money do these FUCKING morons make?

Man that sounds like a good week long menu right there! Where’s the gumbo?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;108217]Man that sounds like a good week long menu right there! Where’s the gumbo?[/QUOTE]

Aw man! Forgot the HOS Swamp Gumbo!

I only have to ask where is Swampnet when we need him the most? AWOL? POW? MIA? or maybe just a dead corpse decomposing in a swamp Jim?

I heard it going into Fourchon a couple days ago

[QUOTE=“water;108210”]How about lefse or lutefisk?[/QUOTE]

I take that as my calling card since I an from that place!

Shotgun when it comes to working on MS Lutefisk…

Arr lutefisk to cheezeburger, divert your course 15 degree north ta avoid collision with HOS slicedbread

Ahh the good ol’ Tony Chachere’s class! Got to love it! But you know what, those boats should ride awesome. I wouldn’t mind getting on one myself.

I think you may have heard the HOS Beignet coming into Fourchon, I was told the Boudin was having some issues in the yard and it’s a couple of weeks behind schedule.

I’ve been wrong a lot in my life

I just heard it again in Fourchon

I’ve been wrong as well. I’ve been off for the last 2 weeks so maybe things have changed and they both got out on time.