HOS BEIGNET- no joke

I heard HOS Boudin this morning as well.

[QUOTE=c.captain;108216]actually, I love Beignets but now HOS needs the following in their fleet

HOS Possum Pie
HOS Cajun Frog Legs
HOS Smothered Nutria Cajun Style
HOS Blackened Gator
HOS Feral Hog Backstrap
HOS Sally’s Armadillo Something or Other
HOS Deep Fried Swamp Snake
HOS Walmart Brand TV Dinner
HOS Road Kill Casserole

and my personal favorite

HOS Unbelievably Immense Quantities of Deep Fried High Cholesterol Fat Laden Food Served in a Big Trough at the Golden Corral on Friday Night to People From New Iberia with No Teeth and Asses Six Feet Wide!

yummie!

I swear to God that this photo is the actual living human versions of the characters from Squidbillies!

It is simply mindblowing to me how many tiny brained humanoids there are out there who edify the stoopidest people imaginable…as bad as Honey BooBoo and the Snooki!

How much money for these FUCKING morons make?

.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone misses the bayou. Getting old there c-captain, getting old. There are a lot of very good hard working people down here, your constant insults are tiring.

[QUOTE=TXIMR;108292]Sounds like someone misses the bayou. Getting old there c-captain, getting old. There are a lot of very good hard working people down here, your constant insults are tiring.[/QUOTE]

Hey man…if you can throw barbs at Northwesterners like me then have at it…you pitch’em and I’ll swing! The deep fried south has a well earned reputation and sorry if the jab of my pointy stick stings but as the man said “if the foo shits, wear it”

Btw, the post is meant as a funny there son…a joke that is!

I just saw an add in in the New Maritime Reporter listing the DWT of some of the new builds as being over 6,000 t. I wonder if they will be manning them with UL?

Having just recently visited the Pacific Northwest I can cast aspersions. It appears there is nothing but vegan hipsters everywhere. The city’s have no flavor no personality. Everything was bland just like the food. You go to the hip, chic, bohemian areas and all you see in the street is the random douchebag in skinny jeans playing his guitar for tips. I’m still moving up there in another year but we will live out in the sticks. I’m gonna redneck the place up with some Alabama flags on my cars and on the property. Give the place a much needed injection of southern style. WOO DAMN IM WILD!!!

Do not touch the trim.

[QUOTE=Tugs;108306]I just saw an add in in the New Maritime Reporter listing the DWT of some of the new builds as being over 6,000 t. I wonder if they will be manning them with UL?[/QUOTE]

Even if they do it will be kind of like the Crowely ATB’s. Some of the vessels actually have a dual class COI now, those only require 1 unlimited master, 2 or 3 licensed mates/DPO’s, for the bridge. Then a unlimited chief, 2 licensed assistant’s and 2 qmeds. None of them run an actaull ship structure, or require a chief mate, or 1A/E. Which really puts the screws to the guys trying to upgrade… I know that is how the ex DMT Emerald was (now the Pepsi Challenger) O I mean the surf challenger.

However the ones with the dual class COI, all they have to do is write in the log book everyday that they are operating as an OSV, then everything is OK

Hot reports of the beignet headed into to town.

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;108311]Even if they do it will be kind of like the Crowely ATB’s. Some of the vessels actually have a dual class COI now, those only require 1 unlimited master, 2 or 3 licensed mates/DPO’s, for the bridge. Then a unlimited chief, 2 licensed assistant’s and 2 qmeds. None of them run an actaull ship structure, or require a chief mate, or 1A/E. Which really puts the screws to the guys trying to upgrade… I know that is how the ex DMT Emerald was (now the Pepsi Challenger) O I mean the surf challenger.

However the ones with the dual class COI, all they have to do is write in the log book everyday that they are operating as an OSV, then everything is OK[/QUOTE]

I think all of the Crowley ATBs are under 1600GT.

Although I don’t work on it, the best name in the HOS fleet is the HOS IRON HORSE. Definitely better identifying yourself on VHF than the HOS POLE STAR. I’ve never heard that star called anything but POLARIS. Sounds like the main attraction at Visions.

[QUOTE=Tugs;108306]I just saw an add in in the New Maritime Reporter listing the DWT of some of the new builds as being over 6,000 t. I wonder if they will be manning them with UL?[/QUOTE]

DWT is not GRT…big difference

pole·star\ˈpōl-ˌstär
noun
1 : north star
2 a : a directing principle : guide
b : a center of attraction
Examples
under the polestar of progress, urban renewal programs gutted the historic districts of many cities
First use: 1555
Synonyms: cynosure, direction, focus, lodestar (also loadstar), compass

[QUOTE=c.captain;108329]DWT is not GRT…big difference[/QUOTE]

I thought of that after I had posted it.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;108308]Having just recently visited the Pacific Northwest I can cast aspersions. It appears there is nothing but vegan hipsters everywhere. The city’s have no flavor no personality. Everything was bland just like the food. You go to the hip, chic, bohemian areas and all you see in the street is the random douchebag in skinny jeans playing his guitar for tips. I’m still moving up there in another year but we will live out in the sticks. I’m gonna redneck the place up with some Alabama flags on my cars and on the property. Give the place a much needed injection of southern style. WOO DAMN IM WILD!!![/QUOTE]

JUST EFFING GRAND!..THERE GOES THE BLOODY NEIGHBORHOOD!

First Confederate Flag that goes up will be followed by dilapidated trailer homes, pregnant dogs running loose, broken down trucks and huge piles of garbage strewn about the place…

//youtu.be/0yt9R0I3gSk

just like in rural Snohomish County!

Please do keep us updated with giving the PNW some proper southern charm.

It won’t be that bad I’m not bringing my inlaws with me!

My dad’s boat’s name is Lutefisk. He bought it from my step grandad (who was of the Scandinavian extraction) just before he died and never changed the name. But its just a little Bayliner.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;108347]My dad’s boat’s name is Lutefisk.[/QUOTE]

Uff da!!!

At least you wrote it better than a friend of mine from texas…

Oooff daahh

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;108311]…None of them run an actaull ship structure, or require a chief mate, or 1A/E. Which really puts the screws to the guys trying to upgrade… [/QUOTE]

Unless the only deck officer is the master, every vessel has a chief mate. See the definition of chief mate in 46 CFR 10.107:

[I]Chief mate [/I]means the deck officer next in seniority to the master and upon whom the command of the vessel will fall in the event of incapacity of the master.