RFPNW Question

Used to be deckhand on crewboats. Then got A/B and moved up the supply boats. I did the RFPNW tasks, but never turned it in to the coast guard cause soon after I did them I got my 100M and began running crewboats, but now I have upgraded to 500M, and when I renewed my A/B it was upgraded to Unlimited. So here’s the question… Can I turn in the RFPNW papers from back in 05 to get the STCW 95 endorsement ? or how does that go ?? Thanks for all replies

They no longer print the RFPNW code (II/4) on the STCW cert. My understanding is that if you hold AB Unlimited, you are qualified as RFPNW. NMC seems to love the ink they’re saving, but it certainly doesn’t help ABs looking for work when employers insist on seeing II/4 on the STCW cert and it isn’t there.

I was under the same impression. I still have to apply for the stcw certificate tho right ?

You didn’t do that when you upgraded? Yes, you’ll need to apply for it.

C_A, I thought it was because you had II/2 on yours…OICNW…II/2 trumps II/4…

Maybe I mis understood that thread from a month ago…?

[quote=Shellback;12579]C_A, I thought it was because you had II/2 on yours…OICNW…II/2 trumps II/4…

Maybe I mis understood that thread from a month ago…?[/quote]

It does, but tell that to the HR folks who want to see II/4 when someone like me applies for an AB job. My old cert had II/2 [I]and[/I] II/4. Nice and easy. Not anymore.

Nope, I didn’t know what I know now :frowning: Thanks for the info. I still need to get VSO, so I’m just going to wait till I go to school for that and do it all together. Thank You !!