Red sea attacks by iran proxy

I had my war as an enlisted guy. It was fucked up, thank you. Micro-managed by folks who had no idea WTF they were doing.

1 Like

I don’t need a new war doc. I can tell when things are fk’d up nine-ways to Sunday. Lousy USN ships [LCS]; lousy SSO’s driving the ships [McCain, Fitzgerald, Lake Champlain, and my most recent favorites, the DDG & Amphib in San Diego.

Those weren’t SSO’s pal.

2 Likes

Invoking the Green Lantern Theory (GLT) doesn’t necessarily mean the conclusion is incorrect, it’s that the supporting argument is flawed. Saying it’s based more on beliefs rather than verifiable facts

1 Like

KC, sorry for the late reply, but the GLT, if I’m interpreting the article correctly, seems to implicate POTUS or only one person. My comment about resolve in upper level of govt is an inclusive one [probably the only time I can use the word 'inclusive" without cringing]. Congress & the Cabinet are all “upper levels” of government. At least for now, SECDEF has announced Operation Prosperity Guardian. And since OPG has been announced, it may have rendered the GLT argument moot.

That held up ok for a while, but not anymore!

Only 2500 air miles from DGAR. Lots of opportunity for B-52/B-1/B-2/B-21 air strikes. Use the Viet Nam era “arc lightning” raid. 3 B52’s simultaneously releasing 58.5 tons of ordnance on one spot. . .
DIPLOMACY BY THE TON!

Dude, it’s Operation “Arc Light,” not lightning.

Don’t think the US wants a full war with Iran at the moment I suspect neither does Israel.
Last centuries AK weilding tin-pot terrorists have grown up now and are a lot more sophisticated and dangerous.

2 Likes

Yeah, Vietnam was such a raging success let’s try that one again!

4 Likes

U.S. Evacuation and Fall of Saigon During the Vietnam War (youtube.com)

Afghans Try to Flee at Kabul Airport (youtube.com)

Except Grenada everything else may be perceived as a huge military “success” against barefooted “gooks” ( deregatory term coined by anglo-saxons ) and fighters with shmatte on their heads. Quite impressive.

And remind me who is USA proxy in the middle east?

1 Like

The best thing to do is tell the Europeans, Egyptians, Saudis, and India and China, that the disruption of the Asia to Europe Suez Canal trade route is their problem, and that it’s up to them to resolve it.

We should solve the Iranian nuclear, missile, and drone problems by taking out their design, research, and production sites.

We should not make the same mistake that we made with North Korea. We need to take out Iran’s nukes before they are completed (they are getting too damn close). If we don’t, it’s just a question of time until Iranian nukes go off in Tel Aviv and New York.

3 Likes

That’s un-American. Why would you want to deny the major US military contractors the opportunity to score obscene profits and enrich the members of congress with kickbacks at the same time?

4 Likes

Ok. So I went from “memories of being there”, I stand corrected.

Is this the voice of reason or the professor has anti-american views. I am curious.

Jeffrey Sachs Interview - Unveiling the Silence (youtube.com)

And from this Guy i can not see much enthusiasm in going to war against: Russia, Iran, China at the same time.

And what i find disturbing is that bibi is running around bragging he has US Congress and US Senate in his pocket , what dovetails nicely with the content of the book I have read some time ago “The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy” . Can anybody tell bibi to STF up for a time being or…

Hell no, we won’t go (youtube.com)

See my post in “Red Sea Shipping Crisis” to hawsepiper about GRADUALISM. That’s why it turned out shitty. Instead of waging war to WIN, we incrementally increased force. And so did the opposition. Although the war was lost [actually, we quit], we devastated North Viet Nam and the Viet Cong during Tet, and during the Easter Offensive in 1972. And in December 1972, during the Xmas bombing, the Hanoi Government was on their knees by the heavy and near continuous B-52 raids at night. Had we done “shock & awe” after the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, many lives would have been saved - The Viet Nam Wall would have tens of thousand fewer names of my brothers-in-arms. [Now the caveat: Politically, it was the wrong decision to get involved. Looking backwards, through the lens of 2024, “the domino theory” of the world becoming communist, was flawed. But at the time, it sure felt like "commies were mushrooming everywhere! Remember, "the missiles of October in 1963? That scared the shit out of us…]

1 Like

Seems like an important caveat

But at the cost of how many more innocent civilian lives??

Source: How many people died in the Vietnam War? | Britannica

Do you think the war would have ended if you had killed more people in 1964?

1 Like

A better question: Do you think the people killed in 1965-1975 would still be alive if the war ended in 1964?

The important thing is: do NOT get involved in any conflict unless you are fully committed to doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to win quickly and decisively.

The USA is unwilling, and less and less willing as time goes on, to do whatever it takes. That’s why it has lost every war since WWII.

Fight to win, or don’t get into the fight in the first place.

8 Likes