REC E-Mail Submission

I recently submitted a renewal/upgrade application to my local REC. It was kicked back because the files were too large so I resubmitted in 2 separate e-mails. I have not received any acknowledgement that the app was received and was just wondering if any of you could tell me how long it typically takes for this. It seems like the last time I did this I received an acknowledgement very quickly. Thanks

I sent one in the other day and it took a few days to get a reply, as opposed to last time when it was same day or next day.

Thanks, I’ll give it another day or two.

Last time I renewed through email I never received an acknowledgement. A week later I started getting NMC updates. You could alway call or email the REC to see if they received it

Did you check your spam?

I submitted mine to Miami yesterday morning, and had an email that afternoon.

I feel your pain with multiple email submissions…I had to send my renewal in 5 emails. Good luck brother!

Just did the same thing called them the operator told me this is there busy season for applications…ok…took 5 business days but got a email finally the other day.

This is what I know.

In the past REC’s used to email you back when a application was sent.

They are not doing this anymore.

About a month ago I emailed my renewal to the Seattle REC. I got an automated email message saying the email was delayed and I would be notified if my email didn’t go threw. I got no further messages.

A few days ago I wrote to the NMC helpline asking in the status of my renewal and was told they have no record and I should resend with smaller attachments. (My four attachments were a total of 3.6MB).

I just resent it a few days ago and haven’t received any more notice. No clue if it went threw or not.

I sent last week a duplicate request. This week I sent 2 applications for ordinary seamen.

All to REC Miami. No automated message from the REC that it was received.

In the past I used to receive an automated message from the REC’s when I submitted applications.

I talked today with NMC asking about the automated messages and I was told that no longer that is sent.

I got this one business day after submitting: “Application information received at REC Boston. Upon review, if any additional information is required you will be notified by email and USPS mail. If you have additional questions please feel free to email them to”

Then two days later: "This e-mail contains important information concerning your “INTERNATIONAL ENDORSEMENT, Reference Number: xxxxxx and Application ID: xxxxxx” from the National Maritime Center (NMC). Regional Examination Center “BOSTON” has received your application. If your application is complete, it will be sent to the NMC for further processing and issuance

Later that day they said it was sent to the NMC

My last experience with the NMC was so painless its almost scary.
In the past I’ve always dropped apps off in person at my local rec, LA/LB, because I live close. This last time around I decided to mail in…leadership management, ecdis and VSO.
I emailed to the portland rec, because a co-worker said they were always fast. In a day I had a confirmation email, and in less than three days had a message that it was forwarded to the NMC. In less than three weeks I had my stickers in the mail.

Sent my upgrade in 2/8 and it was in the mail 2/19 pretty impressed , live chat has also been helpful

Dropped my ECDIS and LMS off to REC Seattle on a Friday afternoon after class.

8 minutes later, the receipt email came, 2 1/2 weeks and I had a shiny new red book.
Including a federal holiday

I e-mailed mine to Seattle last week and have heard nothing. I would just like verification that it was received properly

Use the chat option on the NMC webpage.

Best thing ever!

I tried the chat option. They could only tell me that it was not in their system yet but that didn’t mean it hadn’t been received by Seattle REC

I’m lucky enough to live 15min from an REC. I’ve always been leery of emailing my packets to the NMC. Known guys who swear by it, know others that have had nothing but problems. I’ll always bring it in person

Submitted an ECDIS certificate earlier this month to my usual REC, but got no response. Called them, and they said they were having email problems. Later got an email that the app was forwarded to Baltimore REC. Close to 3 weeks passed with no updates by email, or on my application status on the NMC site. Called NMC the other morning, and suddenly things have started happening. Two days later an email said my new credential had been mailed out.

Not as smooth as previous transactions, but they got the job done.

[QUOTE=jp7731;180001]I e-mailed mine to Seattle last week and have heard nothing. I would just like verification that it was received properly[/QUOTE]

Over the past few years, the amount of time between my emailing the application to REC Seattle and the ‘Received’ email has grown considerably, as has the time it’s taken from that point till the NMC receives it. The folks at that REC have always been very helpful, so I’m curious if it’s just an understaffing issue.

[QUOTE=captrob;180012]I’m lucky enough to live 15min from an REC. I’ve always been leery of emailing my packets to the NMC. Known guys who swear by it, know others that have had nothing but problems. I’ll always bring it in person[/QUOTE]

If we were all so lucky.

Those of us who live many hours away from an REC, emailing sure beats the old days of snail mail. Certified return receipt requested, to make sure it wasn’t lost in the mail. I personally have not had any problems with emailing. I believe I saw a notice when they made a policy change awhile back eliminating the auto response, in favor of someone actually opening up the email before any acknowledgement was sent out. And if they’re busy, that might take longer to happen.

There is a page on the NMC website with specifics on attachments, subject lines, etc. to help people to get it all through easier.