Post-Shutdown NYC REC Backlog

I submitted an application to the NYC REC for an increase in scope right around the time that the government shutdown ended. It has been nearly two weeks, and I have not received so much as the standard email indicating that they are processing my application. No application ID or anything. I’ve called to confirm that the application did make it into the right inbox, which was confirmed, but no progress beyond that. I was planning to use the fact that I am available to take the celestial upgrade exam at the NYC REC, but this delay is starting to interfere with that plan.

Any other data points out there from people who have submitted applications to the NYC REC and have or have not made progress in the last couple of weeks or during the shutdown?

What about other RECs? Wondering if I should apply to a different location if there is a less of a backlog.

Thanks for any insight.

I submitted mine to Baltimore around the same time and I also hadn’t had any response. I called the NMC and they got a hold of the Baltimore REC and we’re able to confirm they had received it and they just haven’t had a chance to get to it yet. Maybe try the same.

Thanks Shady. I just got the email that they have officially begun processing my application today.

Try the Guam office. I bet its not busy.

I bet that Anchorage, Seattle, Saint Louis and Toledo would not be too busy either.

I live close to the LB rec but rarely use them. Just sent my renewal application this last monday to portland and it was forwarded to the nmc the same day.
I have had great service with both the portland and memphis recs in the past.

The REC I dealt with last scanned everything while I was there and hit send. It was the check I used to pay for my renewal that caused the delay. After picking it up from the REC the Post Office lost it for nearly a month. I ended up using pay.gov (which I should have used in the first place) to get the process moving again. Somewhere along the line the Post Office found the payment envelope and forwarded it but by that time I had received my new MMC. The USCG mailed the check back to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. My application has been approved and sent to the NMC, so hopefully I will be approved for testing shortly.