Port Fourchon Releases Master Growth Plan!

From another thread:

[QUOTE=A Chateau on the Bayou;157107]PORT FOURCHON RELEASES MASTER GROWTH PLAN

http://www.tlgnewspaper.com/port-fourchon-releases-master-growth-plan[/QUOTE]

Great post!

O.K., so they think traffic will double in the next 20 years and they want a controlling depth of 50 ft. in Belle Pass. But the article was silent on any issues of how difficult it can be to move around Fourchon with all the vessels in 2015.

From the cited article:

The study, conducted over several months by CB&I Coastal, Inc. and Dr. Loren Scott & Associates of Baton Rouge, determined that the single greatest factor to address for port growth into the next two decades is the deepening of Belle Pass

REALLY? This study found that it’s the depth that’s the greatest factor addressing port growth and not the fact that Fourchon evolved “backwards” from its present needs?

When I say “backwards” I mean that the oldest yards with the smaller vessels are at the entrance while the shoreside infrastructure for larger vessels is further inland.

Maybe the view from Baton Rouge must be significantly different than the view from the wheelhouse. With a 50 foot depth, Fourchon could then accommodate Panamax container ships and tankers…but good luck actually navigating them around once you get them in,(although it would make for a tugboater’s paradise).

And I would hope that if we’re planning twenty years into the future we would be talking about Tampa Bay and Hampton Roads…not just dear old Fourchon.

I don’t get it either. A deeper entrance channel? How does that help the cluster fuck in Halliburton or the bottleneck at Floatation with 3 wide on the pilings and 3 deep at the Magnolia dock? (not to mention the silting in issues).
What happened to the study to make a new entrance channel? The problem is the boats are getting bigger and the area of navigable water and dock space is getting smaller.

That’s about the same as saying that traffic congestion in Houston would benefit from making the sidewalks taller. Don’t they know that WIDER is BETTER? Oh wait, they don’t drive boats…

posted it before but putting it out there again for consideration…

this is the Port Fourchon I would like to see

[QUOTE=c.captain;157180]posted it before but putting it out there again for consideration…

this is the Port Fourchon I would like to see[/QUOTE]
I really don’t think anyone on this forum gives a flying fuck what you would like to see. This does not concern you in the least. You just keep your ass up in the pnw and play with your little boats.

[QUOTE=Dawn patrol;157193]I really don’t think anyone on this forum gives a flying fuck what you would like to see. This does not concern you in the least. You just keep your ass up in the pnw and play with your little boats.[/QUOTE]

your snide and bitter remarks not withstanding, do you have a better plan to make Fourchon vessel friendly? I’d love to see it.

btw, thanks for reposting the photo for me…nice to get free publicity from someone who doesn’t even know how to properly compose a reply…FOOL!

[QUOTE=c.captain;157194]your snide and bitter remarks not withstanding, do you have a better plan to make Fourchon vessel friendly? I’d love to see it.

btw, thanks for reposting the photo for me…nice to get free publicity from someone who doesn’t even know how to properly compose a reply…FOOL![/QUOTE]

Snide and bitter remarks? I think that the pot is calling the kettle black.

[QUOTE=Dawn patrol;157195]Snide and bitter remarks? I think that the pot is calling the kettle black.[/QUOTE]

whatever little man…dijya ever find Snoopy?

[QUOTE=c.captain;157196]whatever little man…dijya ever find Snoopy?[/QUOTE]

Hey Scooter, I will soon be buying me a Beach House/Condo in Fourchon and when I’m elected Mayor I will have the Flotation Canal extended to the Gulf. Does that sound like a plan or what?

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;157197]Hey Scooter, I will soon be buying me a Beach House/Condo in Fourchon and when I’m elected Mayor I will have the Flotation Canal extended to the Gulf. Does that sound like a plan or what?[/QUOTE]

why do they call in the “Flotation Canal” anyway? is it because “Shit Floats”?

It’s Flotation, Scooter.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;157199]It’s Flotation, Scooter.[/QUOTE]

yeah whatever still don’t know why it’s called that tho?

don’t dead bodies also float?

A better question is:
“Why da fuk do it say top contributor underneat a
muddafukkers name dat dont contribute jack shit?”

[QUOTE=c.captain;157200]yeah whatever still don’t know why it’s called that tho?

don’t dead bodies also float?[/QUOTE]

There’s flotation separation in some waste water process. Not that there is waste water in Fourchon…